Kidnapping Charlie from the Miller Family's Thanksgiving Dinner

"SCOTT, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" We heard Laura's voice yell from downstairs.

"Curtis! Prancer!" Charlie ran over to the two of them, before realizing his Mom was about to explode, his face quickly dropping into surprise.

Bernard and I ran down to find Curtis looking shellshocked, holding onto Prancer in the middle of the living room, all eyes on him.

"Curtis!" Bernard charged over and pulled him to the side of the room. "Did you not even think about disguising yourself?" He whispered harshly.

"Laura- There's a very good explanation for this!" Dad tried to explain to her. But how exactly do you explain why there is a live stable animal and a boy with very noticeable pointy ears dressed up all jolly in the middle of our living room?

"But Bernard- We have a problem down at the... uh...Factory?" He tried to make it sound less strange, but nothing could distract from the very real very alive reindeer in the middle of the living room.

I was in disbelief, wasn't this, in his own opinion, be an example of breaking the Santa Secrecy rule?

"Is this some sort of... ploy to get Charlie to like you more?? I thought we were over this!" Laura threw up her hands in disbelief, "And just when we were starting to make some progress forward... you do this? What is this? How did you even...?"

"How did you even get him inside??" I rushed over and joined their circle, trying to figure out how Curtis managed to fit a full grown reindeer through the front door.

"We went down the chimney!" Curtis whispered back, "But seriously, I need Bernard-"

"Why do you always need Bernard at the worse moments!" I laughed exasperatedly. "What is this, the third time?" 

"Laura, I didn't- I know this looks bad but I am completely unrelated to this-" Dad tried to chase after her.

"I didn't know there was going to be people up still, it was late!" Curtis was also apparently uninformed about the human tradition of Halloween... and staying up late because you have divorced parents and you need to wait for your Mom to get off work to pick you up.

"Scott I tried! I've given you so many chances to prove yourself, but this isn't healthy! This has gone on long enough, and I just don't know what else to do. I've held on because I didn't want to split Charlie from his sister or Dad, but I don't know what you expect me to do!?"

"Mom! This isn't Dad's fault! Just look, it's all real like I've been saying! Please Mom, don't make us go yet!"

"Charlie, not now!" Laura snapped, "Look, sweetie, I'm sorry," She quickly added a bit softer, "I need you to go get in the car. Get all your candy and wait for me there."

"No! You have to see!" Charlie took a few steps back. "It's real! Dad is Santa and Angie is an elf! Look at her! She can do magic and she was really at the North Pole with Bernard and Curtis! That's Prancer, he can really fly!"

Curtis and Bernard bit their lips looking uncomfortable, not sure what to say, as they couldn't really break the Santa Secrecy rule.

I stepped forward, and Bernard grabbed my arm trying to stop me, as I was technically under the rule, but I had to do something. I couldn't just stand there and let my brother be taken away.

"Laura... It's true," I said, "I can prove it to you-"

"Angie no!" Curtis hissed under his breath.

"You got Angie to believe in all of this too?" Laura just looked disgusted. "How do you even manage to twist this delusion-"