Let's Give a Cheer For The Elves Living in Lakeside, Illinois

I awoke the next morning to footsteps running to my room. "Angie! Angie!" I groaned and sat up slowly. Morning light shone through my bedroom window. I was home.

I blinked, "Wow, I must of had too much cold turkey last night. What a dream."

Charlie came running into my room. "Angie, get up, come on!" He pattered over and grabbed my arm, "Come look at all the neat toys!"

I flopped back down and pretended to be asleep, fake snoring loudly. "Angie!! Get up, get up!" He tugged on my arm harder, trying to pull me out of bed.

"Okay, okay, I'm up!" I chuckled and finally got up from my bed. Once up, Charlie took off running, me in tow. Something caught my eye though, so I stopped abruptly.

"Uh, hold on Charlie. Go get Dad, I'll be down in a moment." I smiled nicely at him. "I just have to go to the bathroom, really, just give me a second." I lied. Charlie frowned but ran off. I could hear him shouting at my dad to get up as well.

Once he left my room, I walked slowly up to my dresser. My snow globe was there, and next to it was the vase of flowers I had seen the night before. Hands shaking, I hesitated for a moment before reaching up to read the card.

"Good Luck" It had read like before. "No, no, no, no." I shook my head. "No way. Not happening." I sat back down on my bed, placing my head in my hands. "It was a dream. It was a dream." I kept whispering to myself, but the flowers were right there. Besides, I didn't know anybody else whose name started with a B.

I ran downstairs to see Charlie started on his presents, and Dad flopped on the couch, looking distressed. One look at eachother and we knew. His eyes widened briefly before he slowly started to shake his head.

"Are you okay, Dad?" Charlie asked him, wandering over with another present in hand.

I sat down on the couch next to Dad.

"Are you guys having heart attacks? I know CPR." Charlie crouched down to look closer at us, mainly at Dad.

"No- I just," Dad chuckled "S.C?"

"Yeah, "Santa Claus." I looked at Dad, addressing him as so.

He glared at me.

"Hey! Same initials as your name, Dad." Charlie leaned over and pointed to Dad's pocket where the letters were embroidered. "Scott Calvin."

Dad looked between the two of us, "What?" He squinted his eyes.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. Charlie ran off to answer the door, and Dad turned to me.

"We aren't going to tell anyone about this. It was a dream, nothing more, nothing less." He whispered quickly to me. "Right? Right."

I nodded quickly.

"Oh, Charlie! Merry Christmas, honey!" Laura's voice could be heard from the front door. "Did you have a good time?"

"Yeah! The best time!" Charlie ran off into the dining room.

She stepped inside and caught a glance at my frazzled face, but I immediately put on a smile. "Did you guys stay up late playing games?" She chuckled.

"Something like that..." I coughed, then immediately put on a sweet face again.

Dad went over to greet her.

"Nice P.J's, Scott, very festive." she said with an amused grin. "Where did you get them?"

"I... I don't know." Dad responded, shrugging with his arms. He didn't have time or the energy to think of an actual answer or excuse.

"Judy gave them to you!" Charlie was running around the living room gathering all his toys together.