Snap, Crackle, Pop

"Alright, welcome to teleportation school." Bernard sat at the desk in my room, leaning slightly back in his chair.

"It's my room." I said sarcastically.

"It's not like there's another place we can go." Bernard crossed his arms. "We can't get you back to the North Pole unless you either learn to teleport, or wait until we bring your dad, and trust me, some of your training you'll want to be done there."

"What does that even mean?" I raised an eyebrow. "What, none of my training involves dressing up as a monkey and dancing around right?"

"I can add it to the list if you keep wasting my time."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay fine, what do I do?"

"I want you to watch me do it first. Take note of the things that I am doing, my form, my posture, every little detail." He stood back up and walked into the middle of the room.

Bernard turned into sparkles and reappeared from more sparkles a few feet away. "So?" He asked expectantly.

"Um..." There wasn't anything that stood out other than the sparkles. I shrugged.

"Watch again-" He did it again, moving back to his original position in another gust of sparkles.

"I honestly cannot tell." I shook my head after thinking of what he wanted me to notice.

"Oh for the goodness of gingerbread." Bernard shook his head. "Do you not see what I'm doing with my feet!?"

"You are leaving piles of glitter all over my room that I need to sweep up and you are telling me that I was supposed to be looking at your feet?"

"Yes- Okay-" He sighed. "It might be easier if you just try." He looked at me, waiting for me to do something.

"I don't know what to do!!" I threw my hands up and yelled at him a bit snarkily.

"Well don't just stand there, at least try!" Bernard yelled back at me.

I looked at him, my mouth open and trying to form words, but nothing would come out. I finally shook my head, sighed, and squeezed my eyes shut. I was picturing the hallway. I clenched my fists together and focused all I could. I could feel my face turning red.

"Okay, stop! Stop!" Bernard walked over. "That was just embarrassing."

"Well I'm sorry, you didn't exactly give me any tips!" I glared at him.

"Stop pouting, I just wanted to see if you could do it." He glared back at me. "Feet shoulder length apart." He started walking in circles around me to inspect my form. "Keep your elbows in. Tighter!" He moved my arms so that my elbows were jabbing into my sides. "Okay, that looks right- " Bernard took a step back and then frowned. "Unlock your knees, you're going to faint."

I tried to look at him, but I could only see myself in the mirror. I looked ridiculous. "I'm done playing charades, can we get to the teleporting part?"

He ignored my comment. "Now you are going to quickly twist your left foot clockwise while picturing where it is you want to go; do the hallway. Give it a try."

I quickly moved my left foot and tried to picture the hall, but I immediately fell onto the floor instead.

"You went counter clockwise." Bernard stood over me, looking down.

"You could have just said to the right or left." I narrowed my eyes at him. To my surprise he offered me a hand back up. 

"Try again."

This time I did everything exactly as he said. I held my feet shoulder length apart, dug my elbows in, and made sure to turn my left foot clockwise. It was as if a strong force picked me up and chucked my body at the floor. I rubbed my butt where I landed hard.