4

Jimmy

"I'll walk you hom- I mean hotel." I choked while saying that, which made me laugh a little. "What's the laugh all about, mister Fallon?" Really? Calling me mister is not right.

"Call me Jimmy," I said then added. "or Jimbo." That is so weird. "No, I'll just call you James."

"No! Don't, that messed me up one time!" I shouted and lifted my hands and she gave me a confused look. "Really, Jimmy?" What the heck? "Really, what?" I questioned back. "Okay, I lost. I'll just call you Jimmy." She said and threw her arms up in defeat. "Look!" I shouted while laughing.

"Look at what? Don't make me cuss on you James. I'm just a fan but I can curse and sue you. Remember that." What a kid! How can she curse a 40-year old man? Kids, nowadays. "Is it near? We're walking for about 10 minutes." I complained. We've walked past through 30 Rock, and she said it's near 30 rock. What the hell?

"Actually, we're here already. We're just walking around and around." She giggles. "What?" I roared out. "Oh my gosh!" She uttered while laughing, which makes me red and it's popping my neck veins out of neck.

"Let's go." She said and continued to the hotel. "It's pretty expensive here." I followed her. "Yes, and it's much expensive if we convert it to pesos."

"Really?" I said then we walked into the elevator. She pushed 7th floor. Silence covered the two of us.

"Hey." I broke the silence as she is opening her door. "What?" She asked and raised an eyebrow on me. "What's with that?" I said as my eye pointed on her eyebrow raising on me. "Oh, nothing." She said as she touched her eyebrow and put it down.

"You look like an American. I swear." I complemented. "Really? That's all peeps say. But proud Filipina here!" She's so proud of it and it's amazing. She opened the door. "Welcome, Jimmy." She welcomed me and the room has a mind blowing window showing NYC. "This is really pretty expensive, huh?" She looked at the dazzling NYC through the huge window. "It really is. Just gonna use my credits. Tomorrow, I'll be leaving this hotel. I've been here for two days."

"Where are you going?" I asked in concern. "I will be living with my cousins at Schnec- Sch- Sktady-It's really hard to pronounce it." Oh! Schenectady. "Pal, it's Ske-nek-ta-di. You got it?" I corrected her for purposes, not for telling her that she's wrong. "Okay. I'm going at Ske-nek-ta-di." She carefully said the syllables which is great.

"I'll just get some drinks at the store downstairs." What? "I'll come with you." I offered but she quickly went out and I was left alone. There is no store downstairs except for a restaurant but she'll not buying there. Unless, she's going to buy food.

I shutted my eyes, she's walking through the night and she left the hotel. I must get where she pleases to go to. She's walking into a convenience store and I know there's a near construction site there. That's dangerous. I have senses for that.

I stood up and started walking back and forth. I walked onto the kitchen and checked the refrigerator. There are some drinks then why did she need to go get some?

Now, she left me alone here. She have some drinks on the refrigerator. I walked to the living room and I saw her hotel card on the coffee table, I grabbed it and found my way out. "Thank you for being forgetful." I smiled as I mumbled.

As I got out of the hotel, I quickly ran off through the New York crowd. Not good for promoting Tonight Show.

I reached the convenience store that appeared on my mind earlier. I quickly opened the door and checked my cap if it's covering my face. I walked over the magazine section which the cashier is near.

"50 dollars." For five cans of beer? Wow. As she gave her cash, she looked around.

I grabbed a magazine and covered it in my face. Alex looked at me and tried recognizing me. The worst is, I got the Playboy magazine. How come do they sell thing like these, oh God.

  • — •  

Alex

"I'll come with you." The voice went down when I snapped the door. There are some drinks on the refrigerator but I decided to buy some adult drinks. Just to cleanse our minds.

As I walked by in this city, I realized that there is New York City in the Philippines. Bonifacio Global City in Taguig City and Makati City. The difference is, the weather. All the looks are the same, there are skyscrapers, the confusing roads, cabs, people walking and the spirit. The convenience store here is quite far.

I finally reached the nearest convenience store, where it's beside an unfinished building.

I need to buy some beer. Just for refreshment, but I don't really like beer. I haven't taste one before. I just want my first time drinking beer special.

I walked to the liquor section and grabbed five cans of beer, I can't drink all of that, of course. I went to the cashier and luckily, "Next!", I placed the cans and the cashier started scanning the cans, "50 dollars." I grabbed some cash on my wallet and gave it to the cashier.

"Here's your receipt." I got the bags then looked at the man standing beside me. How perv is that? He even keeps looking at me. This is creepy.

I ran off the store. The man really creeps me out.

"Alex!" Someone shouted and I looked around, "Jimmy?"