7

Jimmy

I turned off the ignition and hopped out of my car. Is Lorne mad? Is Lorne disappointed? Is he pissed off? I can't relax myself because I got my second father to be stressed in the issue I made.

"Welcome Jimmy!" I heard Higgins as Lorne turned his chair at me and smiled. "You're here. I'm not mad at you neither disappointed. You did great, James. A hero." Lorne said as he tapped my shoulder. That escalated very quickly. "What's with that?" I hear Higgins ask as he pointed at my left arm. "Nah. Just a few scratches." I answered. Higgins stood up and touched my injured arm. "The eff Higgins? What's that for?" He smirked and said, "Not a scratch. It's a deep one, Jimmy. Are you now feeling well?"

"Yeah! I drove with that." I answered. "Well, you're not doing the show later." Lorne said and tapped his pen. "No, I'll be doing the show. I started and now I'm continuing it. It's fine. I can tell them how this happened and I'll tell them who's Alex. I mean how I knew the girl I saved last night." Higgins let out a whistle and Lorne let out a smirk. "Say what?" Higgins said with a jolly voice. "You met her at the audience, right?" Lorne asked. "Yeah. Hooking up!" I cracked a joke and laughed a little.

"Why are you not married, Jimmy?" Higgins asked in concern. "Maybe, it's destiny." I answered. "Soulmate." Higgins whispered and cracked up. "They really are, Higgins!" Lorne shouted and both of them laughed. I'm standing and just looking at them. What the heck.

   • — •    

Alex

"So, how's Ruth doing in school?" I asked Andrew. "She will be at Harvard next year. Pretty great, right?" He answered as he looked at me and focused his eyes on the road again. "Yeah." Studying in America has always been my dream. nut I didn't end up here because my parents didn't allow me. So, it's a crazy thing.

"You wanna study here, right?" Andrew broke the silence, asking me. "Yup. I want to study here since grandpa died, but I can't." My parents won't allow me. "Lol. Mom said she can help you. You can. You need to leave you job there. You can be a detective here. Just like we've dreamed of before." I know tha aunt Ann will support me here but I am shy to ask because she moved here to give her family a good life, not me.  "Is this your, house?" I asked as he pulled out and I saw a mansion. "Yeah. Welcome to our new life." He said as he hopped out.

I didn't realize that they have a big house like this. I remember them living in an apartment in the city and now they're living in a mansion, great. "We'll be moving to Hamptons next month." He added and smile at me. "Oh my gosh. How? Hamptons? Jimmy is living there, dork!" What the heck? Aunt Ann definitely gave her family a good life in United States. "Actually, we bought a house for you. Just some blocks away from Jimmy."  My eyebrow raised as he spoke. "You're so funny, Andrew." I faked a laugh.

"Surprise!" I heard them as confettis are swirling around me. Great! It's aunt Ann, uncle Sammy. and Ruth. I love them! "I thought they were at work?", I looked at Ruth, "And school?" I can feel my vision blur because of my tears running. "Why are you crying? You can't cry at your party.Have fun!" Ruth spoke as she handed me a handkerchief. She really is a sweet girl ever since. 

"You'll be staying here until when?" Andrew asked. "Ugh. Don't think about that." I huffed, but then suddenly my phone rang. "Answer that, dear." Uncle Sam told me. I checked my phone, and it's from work. It's Shawn. "I'll be outside because it's from wo-" Andrew cutted me off. "That's fine. You're already a government worker, that's important." Andrew said and he smiled.

I walked outside of their house and answered my phone. "Shawn, I'm in a middle of a family matter." I huffled. "No. It's about Troy, your ex." I felt my heart skipped a beat when heard his name.  "Of course I know he's my ex. What about it?" I don't really have time if it's not that much. I just need time to relax. Gosh, I'm not yet medically cleared. I still put ointments and shit on my scar. "He's covered." Does this mean, justice? "He's covered by the rails. He's in jail. You need to be here by tomorrow or by the next day." We're near to commit and serve justice. "I can't. My flight is on next week and today is Tuesday." What should I do? God, Shawn got me cramming.

"We need more further investigations to get this case on the court. And remember, you are the prosecutor in this case. I know it's really hard to think about being in America and being here. But please. kailangan ka namin. (We need you.)" They need me. They really need me. "Okay. I'll find a way to be there by the next day. I need to serve justice."

"Okay. That's all, Alex. Tell Jimmy that I love him too. Bye." Shawn closed remark as he ended the call.

I walked back inside and I saw aunt Ann preparing the foods. "Hey! That looks delicious but, no rice?" In the Philippines, we always eat rice. Because we have plenty of rice farms there.

"Honey, that's why Jimmy is not doughy. No rice here at USA." I raised my eyebrows, "How did you know? Andrew?" She chuckled and took a seat. "Yes, sweetie. And I saw your Late Night merch. Andrew told me also." I smiled and sat, "Actually, Jimmy Fallon bought me those things."

"Why didn't you get me an autograph? Just joking. Call the members and," aunt Ann commanded me and added, "we're going to eat!" I quickly ran into the living room and saw them playing. "Wait! We'll be there." I heard Andrew shout. "I just need to move this shit to eat your shitty king." I heard him whisper. He is playing chess with Ruth and Ruth is just all of this serious. While, uncle Sam is watching the Today Show, it's early in the morning.

They're showing a Jimmy Fallon news. Jimmy really slayed the Tonight Show last night, and he slayed saving me. "Dad, that's what I'm talking about last night. Jimmy Fallon saved Alex."

"You're cursing while playing chess. Great, you want to try me?" I jokingly said to reminisce them. "Oh God! I didn't know you're there. Ruth! Did you know?"

"Of course I knew!" As Ruth answered, I heard uncle Sam saying something. "Jimmy Fallon saved you? He really is a good guy. He-I just remember him doing good things with me." Uncle Sam met Jimmy too? Oh. Why haven't I know this? "Dad, what?" I heard Ruth said. "I'm waiting here and then we're going to eat! Aren't you guys hungry?" Aunt Ann shouted from the dining room. "I'll tell you later." Uncle Sam huffled.