17

Jimmy

I was awaken by Alex. She's smiling really big. "After 2 days of our flight, we're in Manila!" I rubbed my eyes and smiled at her. "Really? That was so long though." She nodded and she helped me to stand up. We're about to hop off from the plane.

--

After all of the massive people in the airport, Alex decided to drive her car which is in the parking lot for a week, I guess?

It's really crowded here in Manila. It's traffic everywhere, to be honest. "We're off to Bulacan." I just smiled at her. I don't know where we're going, so just smile. "What's the good thing to do here in Manila?" I asked out of my curiosity.

She pressed horn for many times. "Puteng mami naman oh." What does that even mean? "Oh. What were you asking?" She asked after she just, overtaked a truck. Shit, she's tough. "What can we do here in Manila?" I forgot to put on my seatbelt so I decided to put it on. In case, she'll drive too fast. She's an amazing driver.

"Shopping. Eat. Walk. Many things." I looked at the window. "I see." I feel my eyes go heavy and I fall asleep.

--

"Wake up, Jim!" I opened my eyes and she's knocking on the window. I removed my seatbelt and I hopped off the car. "That was fast." I sighed.

She opened the door and I entered her apartment. The walls are painted with some dark cream color. There's a big painting up on her living room. It's pretty good, and pretty hot. "I got us lunch. Bought some burrito and nachos!"

We ate our lunch and talked too much. She talked about work and taught me some tagalog words. All I remembered was 'nakakapagpabagabag'. Really hard, right?

She came back with her laptop and she sat beside me on the couch. "What type of activities do you wanna do? Zipline? Sunbathing?"

"Anything. I just want to experience it with you." We laughed together. I'm so delighted. I kissed her forehead. "We are gonna be okay. I promise that." I whispered. She snuggled into me.

"Why do I have to wait for 3 months?" I asked her. She looked at me. "I want to know you more. I don't want my life to be messed up by a man again."

--

It's time to sleep. We had fun today. We searched some tourist spots to visit and luckily we found one. It's gonna be a long drive tomorrow.

"Where are you sleeping?" I asked her. She's about to go down with some pillows and a blanket. "Umm. At the couch downstairs..." I motioned for her to come inside. "Let's sleep together. I won't be that distracting that much."

"Okay." She put down the pillows and jumped on the bed. "I missed this bed!" She exclaimed. "I'm going to miss you when I'll be home in New York." She sighed.

"Don't think about it. We still have a week to be together. Besides, we have internet connection." I looked at her and smiled. She's so positive. I'm so lucky to meet her and soon, to call her mine.

Thank God her room has an air conditioner, if it doesn't, I surely melted here. "Wanna know something?" She asked, breaking the line of my thoughts. "Oh yeah, sure." i answered. "I'm shot by my ex. Right here." She said as she pointed at her left shoulder. Is it why she's touching it during the flight?

"I feel pain sometimes. I think I'm not yet recovering." I look at her, I'm amazed. I don't know why I'm amazed but also I pity her. She doesn't deserve all of the things going through her life. She's full of hope and joy, even though many things happened to her that may remove her hope and joy.

We remained silent for a few minutes and I heard her little snores. It's not that loud, it's just a little noise.

I touched her left shoulder. This isn't the scar of a strong woman, it's in her heart. I will heal this physical scar.

I kissed her forehead. "Goodnight." I whispered. I stood up and got my phone. I checked my social media accounts and went back to bed.

I wish I can be the guy he wants and wishes for. I wish I can give what she needs all the time. For now, I'll protect her wherever she goes.

I'll make Troy pay everything. If he tries anything to Alex, he's surely gonna be in jail or hell.