26

Jimmy

"Why are you like that, Jim?" Higgins asked. "Like what?" He pointed at the blank wall. "Staring at that wall for minutes." I realized that I was staring at a plain wall for minutes. I shrugged. "What are you talking about?" I said chuckling nervously. "Don't be like that, James. I know you. What's wrong?" This time he was serious.

"I can't contact Alex for a week and it's freaking me out. That's all, really." He nodded and patted my back. "Long distance relationship is hard. Be strong." I let out a deep breath. "Thank you, Higgins." I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

From: Alex
I'm sorry if I didn't reply at your texts for a week. I was just so busy with court hearings and etc.

It's okay. Are you safe there? I miss you. I think I'll book a flight there next week.

I placed my phone on my desk and ran my hands through my hair. "I think I'll get going. Bye." I waved goodbye and Higgins closed the door.

From: Alex
No. You don't need to. I'm fine here. Maybe we could skype or something else. That'll be more fine.

I want to. I'm not fine missing you here. I'll call you later when I got back home.

I was completely confused why she didn't want me to go there. She hasn't talked to me for weeks. What could possibly be wrong right now?

I packed my things and left my office. I called Jack to pick me up at 30 Rock.

"Sir, how are you doing with your girl?" He cheerfully asked. "Fine. So fine. She's the best thing I could keep right now. She's so cute." He nodded. "I'm glad that you're happy with that girl. What's her name?" He looked at me through the rear view mirror. "Alex." I mumbled. "That's a wonderful name. I hope I'll meet her again. Well, I have never seen you so happy like this, sir."

Suddenly I realized that I'm in my destination. "Here. Keep the change." I handed him the money. "Thank you, mister Fallon!"

"How many times to tell you that you can just call me Jimmy?" I laughed. He smiled and I turned back to go to my apartment.

I placed my things on the sofa and quickly took my laptop out of my bag. I dialed Alex on skype and waited for her to answer.

--

Alex

I was awaken by the sound of my laptop ringing. I got up from my bed and saw Jimmy's name on skype. Oh, he's home by now. I clicked answer.

"Hey." His face showed up on my screen which made me feel happy. "Hi!" I greeted. "It's morning there, right?" He looked at his screen. I quickly muted my mic and opened the light. "Yeah!" I chuckled nervously. I don't want him to know that I'm here in New York. "How's life?" I asked to cut the tension. "Fine. The show is still doing good. How about my girlfriend?" He grinned as he said girlfriend. He's so cute with that grin.

"Jimmy Fallon's girlfriend is really fine because she is talking to her boyfriend, Jimmy Fallon." I softly smiled. "Oh, stop it!" He said shaking his head with a smile. "About my trip next week. When can I go there?" I bit my lip because of my nervousness. "I'll just tell you. There are some things I'm busy with."

"I'm on hiatus next week. I want to spend it with you. If you like to." I shook my head. "It's not that I don't want to but I need to make sure that everything is fine here before you could come." He nodded. His face showed a frown. "Okay. Good morning to you. I'm really tired. I should sleep now, to make sure that things are fine here before I could come over there." He said without looking at the camera. His face disappeared and I realized that he has ended our call.

I laid my back on the bed. I think he's mad. I don't know. But he was the one who told me that he can't be mad to the person he loves. Aw, I really love him.

I still remember the time we bumped at Central Park and it's still one of the most beautiful things that have happened to me. I thought I'm going to be under Troy forever. Troy is the biggest mistake I've ever had.

Well, I want to thank Jimmy for making me pass through those. It's really hard. Especially when my grandparents died, I had a hard time getting some tapes of him from his movies and SNL but I still did it. Because he motivates me so much.

I reached for my phone and called someone. "Hi." He greeted. "Hey. I just want to thank you for all. For being there with me and my shits."

"What are you talking about?"

"You're the best-est friend everyone could have, Shawn."

"And the best lover. Well, forget that."

"I'm sorry if I rejected you before. There's someone better than me that can have you."

"I think I found it."

"Who? Wow. Congratulations!"

"You know Colin? Yep. Her."

"She likes you so much!"

"Erm.. Yeah. Well, I'm wishing luck on you and Jimmy."

"Thanks. Also on you two!"

"Thank you for existing, Alex. I love you so much until now but as a friend!"

"I love you too as a friend! Thanks for everything."

"Why are you like that? Where are you? Do you want me to visit you?"

"Oh. I'm in New York. Don't tell everybody. Some tests are running about Uncle Sam's health. I'm here to watch on Ruth."

"Maybe I'll visit when you're here. Be safe."

"You too. Bye."

// AUTHOR'S NOTE //

filler chapter i'm sorry.... okay i'm working on the last chapter pals! sorry if i'm ending it.