6

Hey there, Delilah

What's it like in New York city?

I'm a thousand miles away

But, girl, tonight you look so pretty

Yes, you do

Times Square can't shine as bright as you

I swear, it's true

Hey there, Delilah

Don't you worry about the distance

I'm right there if you get lonely

Give this song another listen

Close your eyes

Listen to my voice, it's my disguise

I'm by your side

I'm having a me time. Just reminiscing what happened last night. I'm in my car, driving to the city for work. I'm really exhausted about Tonight Show and Alex just came up and I don't know what I'm feeling. Why did I even save her?

Oh, it's what you do to me

What you do to me

I just kept thinking with this song. It's relaxing.

Hey there, Delilah

I know times are gettin' hard

But just believe me, girl

Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar

We'll have it good

We'll have the life we knew we would

My word is good

But suddenly, the moment is trailed off by my phone. It's ringing. I shut down the music player and answered the phone without looking who is calling. I set it on loud.

"James Thomas Fallon! How the- junior, forgot about that. How the heck did I get this picture on my lockscreen?" Her voice really that loud. "Hey. I'm still Jimmy Fallon. You can't speak to me like that." I insisted. "Alright, alright, and I'm still Alex Romuelo, a prosecutor. You can't kiss me like that."

"Okay, smartypants." I said with a smirk. "I may be your fan but hey, we just met last night and we had this picture. I'm not a slut, Jimmy." I furrowed my eyebrows and sighed. "First of all! I'm just trying to make you happy last night, and you're not a slut. Why the hell do you think you're a slut?"

As I questioned her, the speaker ran silent. All I can hear is her, breathing. "I'm really sorry. I just overreacted. I stole a kiss last night while we're at Times Square and while we're brought to the hospital, I set the picture as your wallpape because it's a milestone for you. I'm just, sorry." I slammed the driving wheel is hissed.

"It's really okay, mister Fallon." She said as she sobbed. God, I made a girl cry. It's wrong. Really wrong. "Are you crying? Why? Because of me? Please don't."

"No. I'm not, mister. Hashtag pure sarcasm. Yes, I am. Remembered something." Not a good start for a recovery. "Don't stress out too much. You need to recover."

"Where are the keys?" I overheard Andrew. "What is that?" I asked in confusion. "I'm changing right now. So, shhh." Great. They're leaving. The doctor said she's fine. No injuries, no trauma, but she's stressed.

I looked at my left arm, covered with bandages. Then, I kept my eyes on the road again. I didn't imagine that a big shattered piece of glass will hit my arm. Thank God, it was removed while I'm at the ambulance.

Now, people will ask why we didn't die in that scene, why I don't have many injuries. If normal people would be there, they'll be definitely dead.

But I have skills that I can only do. Really and pretty rare.

"You still there? You kept that silence rolling. I'm done changing, what now?" She said as she broke my inner monologue. "I'll be ending this call. You need to rest. Bye." I said as I ended up the line.

   • — •    

Alex

"No. I'll be ending this call. You need to rest. Bye." He said as the line ended. I just changed and he kept a silence running and now he'll be ending the call. "You done?" Andrew shouted as I hear his keys chime through my ears. "Yes. And Jimmy ended the call." I answered as I looked on my reflection.

How come haven't I gain scratches or things? I mean, the glass is too bIg and Jimmy was the only one who got injured. But still, I got a scar.

   • — •    

"Hey Lexy! You leaving?" Shawn asked as I kept my laptop in my bag. "Yes, I am. It's already four in the morning." I answered and tapped my desk.

Shawn is one of my childhood friends. We play together, go to school together, eat together, and work together. I remember him telling his feelings for me during high school, I loved him too but destiny just didn't cross our line. "Alex, the files you requested are already here." Zedreil said and placed the folders and envelopes in my desk breaking my inner monologue.

"Is it not hard investigating a case featuring your ex, Troy?" Colin asked as she turned her chair onto me. "Girl, I already moved on and I'm just reviewing the case. We're fiscals, not detectives." I answered as I put the files on my bag. "We are detectives, just saying." Shawn added.

"Okay, I'll be leaving. Need to catch up on Jimmy. Bye!" I saluted but Shawn shouted, "Hey! Watch with me sometimes!" I continued my way out and didn't answer him.

I hopped in into my car and placed the laptop bag and my backpack on the other front seat.

I was just really thinking how did my ex-boyfriend's case randomly chose me to investigate it? It's just really, heartbreaking. He is accused of molesting a twelve year old girl, because he wanted me, he wanted my body. I liked him back at high school and started dating at college. Those times, he was that happy-go-lucky guy until he just got this crazy attitude. He wants sex. I think he just taken me for granted and I'm scared to report him because he's strong. He has guns, he can hire killers and, he can kill me.

Okay, enough. I turned on the ignition and started reversing. As I reversed, I saw a man wearing a mask with a gun. "Prepare to die!" He shouted and I quickly raced out of him but I heard a bullet strike my tire. My car became slower and slower as the chase stopped. He crashed my window with his gun and whispered. "I didn't love you."  And I heard a gunshot crashing my ear.

   • — •    

"Hey! You done?" Andrew asked. "Yeah. Coming out!" He didn't know that I almost died because I was shot at my shoulder. My family either, I live alone. Alone, just to make work more productive. My co-workers just know this one.

I came put of the bathroom and I saw Andrew watching in his phone. "What are you watching?" I asked as he looked up to me. "Just watching Fallon. I think you're good, leggo." He said as he picked up my bags. I didn't know that they even got my bags from the hotel.