20

ONE WEEK LATER

Alex

"Are you ready?" Shawn patted my back and he gave me something. "Just squeeze it whenever you're exhausted, stressed, sad, or whatever." It's a moon stress ball. I squeezed it and it felt relaxing. "Thank you for this."

I entered the court room and sat. Opposing me was Troy, my ex boyfriend, the one who tried to kill me.

Troy's camp entered, with his lawyer and family. They looked at me and I just read the papers to avoid them. Troy is looking like a jerk, as always. He's smirking at me like he is into something, again. I can't let this moron destroy me again.

The hearing started and I'm so scared. I kept looking at Shawn and Colin. It's my turn. "Can you describe the man who sexually assaulted and raped you?" I can see the girl is terrified. She's crying, like me before. Her parents comforted her. "Tell it, honey."

"Yes!" She shouted and pointed to Troy. "The man molested me is right there, sitting at the table!" Silence filled the room and I was squeezing the stress ball under the table. "Your honor, please let the reflect that the victim has identified the assistant prosecutor as his attacker."

--

Jimmy

I can't stop moving here at the writers' meeting. I can't stop thinking of her. She's in a court hearing right now. She's in the same room with that motherfucker.

"Jimmy, what's wrong?" I heard Higgins ask. Everyone was looking at me. "Nothing. Let's continue." He mouthed 'let's go out' and I stood and left the meeting.

I leaned on the wall. "It's because of Alex. Okay? Something may happen to her. I'm freaking out." He nodded. Also, thinking of what to say. "You're not God to predict things. No need to freak out. Where is she right now?" I fixed my hair and shrugged. "She's in the court hearing of his ex who tried to kill her. Not discussing about shooting her, but a child abuse case. What if he tries to kill her, right now?" He looked at his watch and stared at the ceiling.

"The hearing is done. You look, it's twelve midnight in there." Oh shit. I got my cellphone and he's correct. "Thank you, Higgins!" I ran to my office and dialed her number.

"Hello, Jimmy."

"I'm sorry I didn't call you earlier. I forgot the time zones. Fuck those."

"Yeah."

"How did the hearing go?"

"Not that much evidence. We lost."

"I'm so sorry."

"No, don't be. The victim is getting a lawyer for them. They're not yet getting a lawyer but in the next hearing, they'll do."

"Sleep well, okay? I'm going to go back to the meeting."

"Okay. Goodluck."

"Goodnight."

I hung up and I felt comfortable.

--

Alex

"I missed you so much." Shawn said as I drank another shot of tequila. "Damn. Now, you're drinking. When did you start drinking?" Zedreil was in the restroom. So, it's just the three of us here. "I drank with Jimmy while I'm in New York."

Their mouths hung open as Zedreil came back. "The fuck is going on with you?" We laughed and the two looked at me. "She's drinking." Zedreil's face was filled with shock. "Nice!"

"I think we should go home." Shawn said eating his words. "Come on. It's 4:30 am." I said to him and we paid our bill and left the bar. "We just drank a little. Zedreil is gonna drive me home. Goodbye!" Colin waved and I waved back. They walked away and away.

"We can stay at the hotel." How many shots did this man take? He's fucking tipsy. "We can't. I'll bring you home." I carried him in my back and ran to my car.

I lay him inside and I started the ignition and drove.

As I drove, I felt like there was something wrong with my car. I don't know. The aircon is not that cold, and it's in the maximum level. The lights are not bright and it's on its highest level.

I looked at the time. 4:40 am. Nice. I will be late at work.

I pulled off and called for Shawn's parents and their bodyguards carried Shawn up to his bedroom. "Thank you, Alex." His mom said. "It's fine, mrs. Lopez." I returned to the car and started driving.

It's my first time to drive in this kind of time and it's scary.

As the stoplight turned green, I stepped on the gas pedal as hard as I can so I can rush home. Then my brakes are not working. I turned the wheel in any direction but it won't stop.

I feel like this is the end of my life. Then a man suddenlg appeared on my windshield and started punching it. "Stop!" I shouted as if he could hear me. He continued punching it and he disappeared.

My car keeps on moving until he appeated again and smashed my car with his fists. My world went black.

--

JIMMY FALLON DISAPPEARED WHILE SHOOTING THE TONIGHT SHOW

JIMMY FALLON HAS SUPER POWERS?

AUDIENCES SHOCKED WHEN JIMMY FALLON DISAPPEARED

JIMMY FALLON SEEN IN THE PHILIPPINES AFTER DISAPPEARED IN NEW YORK

FALLON DISAPPEARING: A SEGMENT OR A FACT?