XXXI. GOOD BOY

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Paper Rings
chapter thirty one

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

                    EVELYN TAKAHASHI HAS NEVER BEEN A MORNING PERSON

                    EVELYN TAKAHASHI HAS NEVER BEEN A MORNING PERSON. She was a hassle to wake up as a child. She often ran late to school. She got that trait from her father. That man could fall asleep anywhere and sleep through almost everything. And though it did cause her problems sometimes, it also seemed to help her a lot.

Like when her phone rings at four o'clock in the morning. She can ignore it with ease, especially if it's from Michael Scott. She had gotten to work right on time and with a smile on her face. For once she was pleased to be at work. A steaming cup of tea and three coffees sat in a drink holder from her favorite cafe.

"Good morning," she greeted Pam sweetly, plucking one of the coffees from its place. The redhead only stared at her in surprise. Her glasses were gone, and she wore mascara. Her sweater was open to reveal a beautiful blouse that fit her form like a glove. "You're dressed up," Pam blurted out. "Hot date?"

Evelyn's nose crinkled. "As a matter of fact, I do," she replied. "Calum has asked me to dinner tonight. So, I thought I'd give him a second chance." She flicked her hair from her shoulder and gave Pam a smile. Jim's eyes were already on her when she turned. Despite her lack of them, she wore a black pencil skirt. "Woah," he exhaled. "Looking sharp, Takahashi." She approached him, her face glowing with happiness.

She sat a cup of coffee on his desk. "I have to get back to my desk," she told him, glancing toward the annex, "but my email will be open." He opened his mouth to speak. He wanted to stop her, have a chat. He was eager to find out what was behind this pleasant mood. But he kept his questions to himself. "Okay," he chuckled, immediately reaching for the coffee she had bought him.

Her hand grazed his shoulder as she passed him. The entirety of Dunder Mifflin began to notice her good mood the moment she started humming to herself. She greeted her co-workers as she passed, smiling a smile that infiltrated her eyes full force. She crossed the threshold into the annex and approached Toby. "I hope you're thirsty," she said, setting down the final coffee onto his desk.

His face looked stunned. "Thank you," he replied. She grinned sweetly. She didn't say another word, instead rounded the wall and reached her desk. She sat her tea onto her desk and tossed the cardboard holder into the bin. "Morning," she hummed, smiling over at Kelly. The shorter girl laughed. "Wow. You look hot."

She shrugged the sweater from her torso and hung it up on the back of her chair. Kelly's hands immediately went to her mouth. "Oh, my God, Evelyn!" she squealed. "Turn around. Let me see the whole outfit!" Pleased with her reaction, Evelyn obliged. Her blouse was lavender and it tied around her waist. Lace lined the neckline.