XLV. THREAT LEVEL MIDNIGHT

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Paper Rings
chapter forty five

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

                    THINGS DON'T REALLY CHANGE WHEN MICHAEL LEAVES

                    THINGS DON'T REALLY CHANGE WHEN MICHAEL LEAVES. Not as much as one may think. Typically, it's quiet and somewhat productive. Depending on how long he's gone, lunch can sometimes stretch out. But, really, its like any other day in any other office besides the Scranton branch of Dunder Mifflin.

          Except for today. Today was unlike any other, thanks to an accidental snooping on Pam's part. The entirety of the office was wrapped around the conference room with thick stacks of paper in their hands. Evelyn took residence in the seat next to Jim at the head of the table, pointer finger tapping against the sharp edges of the script.

           "Do we all have our copy of Threat Level Midnight by Michael Scott?" Jim asked, his eyes scoping across the room. Ryan sat on the opposite end of the table and across from Evelyn. He even looked excited in the adventure they were all about to partake in.

           When everyone replied positively, Jim commenced the meeting. "Alright. Let's get this started." He flashed a grin over at the brunette to his right before turning back to the people around them. "I'm going to be reading the action descriptions. And, Phyllis, I would like you to play Catherine Zeta-Jones."

          "That's the character's name?" she asked with a slight laugh. Evelyn smiled over at the woman. "Original, right?" The two giggled to themselves. Evelyn could understand why Michael chose that name. The woman born with it is extremely beautiful. "You guys should not be doing this," Dwight stated, standing in the doorway of the conference room.

           All heads turned toward the bespectacled man curiously. "Why not, Dwight?" Jim asked. "This is a movie. I mean, this is for all of America to enjoy." Dwight scoffed at Jim in disbelief. "You took something that does not belong to you."

          "Dwight–"

          "Brought it in here, made copies of it..."

          "Do you want to play the lead role of Agent Michael Scarn?" Jim asked the bespectacled man. Evelyn beamed over at Dwight, nodding her head. Dwight looked taken off guard by the proposal. He glanced between Jim and Evelyn, and then the camera as it zoomed in on his face. "Say yes, Dwight," the brunette told him, already motioning toward the seat on the other side of Jim.

          He hesitantly moved further into the room with a sheepish smile. He sat down and accepted the script held out to him. "Alright. Everybody turn to page one," Evelyn instructed. The sound of pages flipping echoed within the quiet room.