LXII. PEOPLE OF THE WORKPLACE

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Paper Rings
chapter sixty two

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

                    WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE WORD PREDICTABLE IN THE DICTIONARY, YOU CAN SEE MICHAEL SCOTT'S NAME UNDER THE EXAMPLE

                    WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE WORD PREDICTABLE IN THE DICTIONARY, YOU CAN SEE MICHAEL SCOTT'S NAME UNDER THE EXAMPLE. Not actually, of course, but some of the dictionaries in the Scranton branch have it penciled in for shits and giggles. The reason this is brought up, however, is because he's done it again. He's become predictable, and he's taken a day that could have been perfectly normal and transformed it into chaos.

Jan had gathered the women in the building for a little seminar. She called it "The Women in the Workplace". The point behind it had been abundantly clear, and Evelyn honestly wasn't opposed to the idea. She had hoped it would help better their environment. Only, it seemed to do the complete opposite.

━━━━━━━━━━

EVELYN
So, while Jan is talking to the women of the workplace about the disadvantages and inequality going on here . . .

JIM
. . . Michael has gathered all of the men into the warehouse in an attempt to make the women jealous.

[ EVELYN LOOKS OVER AT JIM
IN SURPRISE. ]

EVELYN
Wait, is he actually trying to make the women jealous?

[ JIM PULLS A CLASSIC JIM FACE
WHILE SHRUGGING HIS SHOULDERS.
NO ONE REALLY KNEW THE REASONING
BEHIND MICHAEL'S ACTIONS. ]

━━━━━━━━━━

          "Why don't we go around the table and all say something that we know we're good at?" Jan suggested. Her eyes moved around the table, looking over each and every one of the women. "I will start. I am good at public speaking." And Evelyn believed it. She had an air of authority around her that really seemed to captivate her. She could listen to her speak forever.

          Jan motioned for Meredith to continue. "Hi, I'm Meredith and I'm an al-- Good at supplier relations," the redhead said. Evelyn glanced toward Pam, immediately catching her eye. At least now they knew she was getting help for her drinking problem. "Great. Phyllis," Jan called next. Their eyes landed on the older, soft spoken woman. Her lips curled into a shy smile. "Um, I'm good at computer stuff. E-mails, um, spreadsheets, all that."