𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

There's always one nightmare that soars above the rest, one you can't even begin to comprehend if it were real

There's always one nightmare that soars above the rest, one you can't even begin to comprehend if it were real. Unfortunately mine wasn't just a nightmare- it was a memory.

Antonin treated me like a pet. He knew I was a loyal girl who had nothing. There was nowhere I could run to, in fact I don't even believe I ever wanted to.

For most of my life I lived in fury constantly questioning why I'd been chosen for this life.

Why I was unlucky enough to have Regulus Black as my father-or even having to stay in the dorm of two brothers who's father killed my mother. I wasn't sure what was worse. Being with them or actually getting used to their bitter nature.

Alone, I'd seen both with hidden secrets and emotions. Together they were destructive and cruel brothers that lived up to their name.

Their name had people in shambles.

The day of my thirteenth birthday I sat in a pool of water with red coloring the bath. The first time I'd accidentally killed an innocent instead of an Auror was the day I gathered my worst nightmare.

Antonin took advantage of the witch I became and instead of comforting my sins he beat me to a pulp for having any sort of regret. The look on that woman's face would pop up in my mind over and over again til I couldn't see anything else for the rest of that year.

Killing aurors was easy since most thought too highly of themselves and would torture me senseless the moment they got their hands on me. Killing an innocent is an entirely different story.

I remember her screams.

I remember sending a bark of wood through her stomach after breaking a tree into a hundred pieces. She didn't deserve to die so painfully-with a slash cutting her stomach, but it was Antonin who ordered me to kill everyone nearby.

He saw the hesitation in my eyes and I paid the price for it in the end.

My mind didn't let me forget that either.

I shot up from my bed with a band of sweat glistening my forehead. Tom and Mattheo both nowhere in sight and I was unbelievably thankful for that.

I never got a chance to see them sleeping. By the time I fell asleep and woke up from my nightmares their beds would be empty and the fresh smell of cologne masked the room.

Three weeks had passed since the night of the party and I've only grown to love Hogwarts even more.

The project with Mattheo was surprisingly simple, but he made it difficult. We hadn't spoken about the party, but our hatred was still there. We spent the time we could writing the process and building a perfectly detailed explanation of the side affects and process of removing and repairing memory charms. We would bicker for hours, but Theodore was always there to calm us down. Tom on the other hand focused on his own studies.