𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 | 𝐀 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭

A monster can fall silent

A demon can sin for eternity.

Tom Riddle is sheltered among sins, although as of this moment with my head atop his chest hearing the sweet sound of his calm breaths he's fallen completely mute.

To witness a Riddle sleep seemed impossible weeks ago. I never thought I would care, but after hearing Mattheo's reasoning I never felt happier knowing they both feel at ease with me.

Watching one of the darkest shadows glow among the small rays of light that creep in through the windows is similar to addiction. My eyes study every moment, the way his lips are swollen entirely, marked with red hues. Scratch marks I've granted him are more eye catching than all the other scars that remain on his body.

I bite down the giddy grin on my face because Tom encourages every mark I make. I believe they help him cope with all the others he never wanted. So each chance I get my fingers run through each one, because they carry his corrupt past and I'm lucky enough to see a promised future.

"You're smiling." his eyes are shut and I relish the hoarse sound of his voice in the morning.

"Is that a problem?" I ask him.

"I don't particularly enjoy a cheery mood in the morning." he says watching my fingers run up and down his chest, every now and then taking a glance at my neck that's most likely surrounded with bruises he left last night.

"And why not?"

"I don't sleep well therefore cheery moods are insufferable"

"What about last night?"

He contemplates before responding, I know the answer. He usually wakes before dawn, but the sun has been up an hour past that.

"I slept fine."

"I wonder why." my sarcasm doesn't go unnoticed and he pretends to be annoyed by my cocky demeanor.

"The mattress is quite comfortable." he admits and I lightly hit his chest. Then I see it, one dimple on the right side of his cheek I've never got the privilege of witnessing. He has a smile so grand I barely recognize him. "That's enough staring star, unless you're willing to pay for a photograph."