𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐫

Antonin only mentioned my father when I asked him

Antonin only mentioned my father when I asked him. The only problem was I stopped asking long ago.

As a child I wanted to know about my parents. Antonin wasn't my father and we didn't particularly look related. I knew that at a young age so of course questions surfaced.

He answered bluntly, never caring if I cried or got resentful. One thing you can never question about Antonin Dolohov is his loyalty to the dark lord. His entire life he yearned to stay on the path to victory with Voldemort.

Having to take care of me was a major setback, and he's made it quite clear he only did it to save me from a corrupted mind. If I were to turn out anything like my father I'd be a disgrace to Antonin.

My father Regulus was different, very fucking different and I wasn't sure why he even chose Antonin out of all people. I think even a random muggle on the street would have given me more care.

Someone else.

Anyone else.

Looking ahead I'm also grateful he chose Antonin. I'm a strong witch that doesn't flee at the sight of blood.

But now I'm second guessing my choices. I only want peace-although I'm realizing I may be more like my father than I want to be.

At first I could care less about these children they're taking and how this entire system they've built works. But after seeing it first hand the way Milo screamed for help and pleaded to die with his mother rather then live his life chained to a doomed fate, I couldn't help but understand why my father chose to dedicate himself to stopping this.

I'm a victim of the same crime, but then again I never had parents to be taken away from. Instead I was dropped off willingly at Antonin's doorstep before I was able to speak. I can't fully relate to what these children must be going through but I'm sure most of them are pleading to die just like Milo instead of following a leader who orders to kill their muggle parents.

Normally I'd flee from this situation altogether. This isn't my fight and I'd rather save myself then worry about others, but I'm still under a very tight deal.

Snape has made it clear he sends updates to The Order on my progress. If I'm unable to exceed their expectations then I'm sent straight to Azkaban.

Even thinking about it makes me want to scratch at my knuckles so hard til they turn a searing red.

I was back at the abandoned house, and each time my eyes shut I was back into that moment with Milo and his mum. To see how unfazed both Tom and Mattheo stood, I can tell they were used to how the kids reacted.

I could see behind their masks how lifeless their eyes looked. I'd never seen them so lethal and it was intriguing nonetheless.

Fighting against aurors would give me the same look, but children were never hit in any of my battles.