𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 | 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐏𝐭.𝟐

𝐀 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥<𝟑

The night was still young. I spent the first couple hours of the evening with either the boys or Mattheo.

It's now nine o'clock and I'm fucking livid.

I wiped the tears, and brush through my curls once more to have them drop perfectly above my waist. There's no time to sulk, especially giving Mattheo the satisfaction of winning.

My heart belongs to no one, and it never will.

I scout through the ballroom, chatter amongst the guests and drunken elders smiling through the symphony of music. I keep myself company, drinking three flutes of champagne effortlessly.

"Tough night already Stella?" It's easy to recognize his voice, and connect it with the only person who knows of my middle name. Antonin is drinking a glass of whiskey himself with an ice cold sphere sinking in his cup.

"Nothing I can't handle" I say.

"Good. You'll need your head straight for tonight. Everyone is watching you Rhea." He says finishing off his drink and sending a waiter to retrieve him another round. Antonin always had a drinking problem, I'd put him to bed whenever he drank too much. As a Death Eater and criminal it was his way of coping. He needed to salvage the freedom he had and the alcohol helped immensely.

"I'm surprised you're even speaking to me. Isn't your daughter here?"

"I sent my family home half an hour ago. It was revolting to keep them around. They ask too much of me you know this."

Antonin got stuck with his wife the day he got her pregnant with Athena. He didn't love her, only tolerated the mother of his children. Luckily she took care of Athena and their younger boy Nico who I found out just turned three. He's never been around to love them. Antonin always left to train me, and run from the ministry since his wife didn't allow dark magic until they were twelve.

He was a runaway criminal, but even the aurors never expected him to be home. He could've visited if he wanted, but he truly never wanted to.

If I wasn't alive he would've forced them into a dark life, but I kept them from that fate. He only focused on me, raising me and being on the run from the ministry. He didn't write any letters, or make promises for a better future where daddy comes home.