𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 | 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐙𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐢

Reading is a great escape, something that will transfer the mind into a relentless piece of imagination that feels just as real as reality itself.

I used to loved reading under the covers at night with my magic the only source of light. Antonin encouraged my hobbies since each time I read it was my knowledge of how to protect him that grew much stronger.

But as I stare down at my stack of books that only encourage the knowledge of dark thoughts, I resent in deep loss of my oldest hobby. I'm forcing my eyes to read more and find any information about the Gaunt's ring only to find nothing. The Restricted Section of the library contains so much direction towards any family that made a legacy in their name, good or bad.

Someone wiped out every trace of the Gaunt family in this library and I feel myself earning another bruised eye if I come up short by the time Mad Eye returns to check on my progress-even if he has to do it himself. So I come up with the next stupid idea.

Snooping through Tom and Mattheo's belongings. If anyone were to be rid of this it would be them no doubt.

They both have been in a foul mood ever since the invitations arrived-forcing the boys to cancel their quidditch party and find out everything they know about what this ball is for. Turns out no one knows, not even Narcissa who wrote to Draco and I making sure that we only focus on our studies for the time being.

They even tried to schedule a visit with their father only for him to decline. So it's safe to say they both act like a stick is up their ass every single bloody hour of the day.

After picking out the books to read I found myself loving the small amount of privacy I had with nothing but the smell of old parchment to fill my senses and a thousands dark stories. No students nearby in the Restricted section of the library where I managed to get past once again.

I hike my skirt up to jump onto a wooden surface and return the book back in its place. A large beetle crawls through a peep hole and I flinch back losing my balance only to feel a large pair of hands hold me upright.

My head turns just in time to catch his glance at my exposed thigh.

"Feeling nice today Tommy boy?"

I hope he doesn't realize my heart beating out of my chest with his hands wrapped on both sides of my waist. My body betraying me-even when I try to keep calm, goosebumps rattle my skin with his touch.

It never fails-never fucking fails.

So instead I hop down-losing the touch of his fingertips to create distance between us.

"Why are you here?" he asks.

"Why are you?" I raise an eyebrow and watch my humor ticking his attitude.

"I won't ask again"

"And what makes you think you're so special to get an answer from me? Because you're the son of the almighty dark lord?" I chuckle.

"Do not mock me or my father Black"

"I'm heartbroken Tom-you call me by my last name now?" I gasp in sarcastic sadness.

"If you're trying to be funny it isn't working"

"Oh I know I just don't appreciate you being in my business. Now if you excuse me I have places to be-" I look down at the ring in his finger. A gold band and an unrecognizable symbol in the center of a squared black jewel.

He must've noticed because he tucks his hand inside his pocket when he follows my gaze. That ring holds secrets that I can't wait to unravel.

"Have you spoken to the others? Gotten their truth?" He asks.