Chapter 29 Sovereign Of Mars

No one's POV

1 month later...

A month had passed since the end of the war on Earth. The SAU and the Arbrau Defense Force agreed to a peace settlement, but Tekkadan will have to withdraw from Earth. Thus, bringing an end to the Earth Branch, Orga himself came to Earth to finalize the paperwork. Mr. Makanai and Chad had both managed to wake up from their comas, while Mr. Makanai still needs to rest, Chad is already back at work helping close up the Earth Branch. Takaki had been a bit out of it for a few days and who can blame him, the person he trusted lied to him and he was following the orders of a complete stranger who wanted to keep the war going.

Currently, Takaki was standing over the body bag of Aston.

Takaki: ...

As he continued to look at the body bag, Takaki began thinking of his time he spect with Aston and Fuka, as he began to tear up

Takaki: I'm sorry, Aston...

As Takaki just stood there, he suddenly heard footsteps behind him, as he turned to see Nhazul.

Nhazul: Yo.

Takaki: Oh, Nhazul...

Nhazul: Still beating yourself up, I see.

Takaki just looked down.

Takaki: I'm not worthy to be in Tekkadan...

Nhazul: Oh?

Takaki: I believed Mr Radice's lies and followed the orders of a stranger... Even though the Boss's orders are the most important in Takkadan. I...

Nhazul: Takaki, what happened wasn't your fault and no one blames you. You carried out those orders believing they were from Orga. Despite how it began, you put an end to it. Even if you don't, I think that counts for something.

Takaki didn't say anything, as he looked back at the body bag.

Takaki: But Aston did... He wished he never met us... Neither me or Fuka...

Nhazul: And you really believe that?

Takaki: Huh...?

Nhazul: While Atra and I were surviving on the streets the best we could, we were still fortunate enough to not have been Hunan Debris... But I can only imagine the hardships. They couldn't really spare the emotions to develop friendships, a family. For the first time, he had that with Akihiro, with you and with Fuka. The thought of losing such a life would make anyone wish they didn't have it to begin with. Him saying that is proof he enjoyed all the time he spent with you. His best friend.