Epilogue Aftermath

No one's POV

5 years later...

It's been over 5 years since the aftermath of what's been dubbed the "McGillis Fareed incident". After the death of McGillis by the hands of Gaelio. Gjallarhorn dismantled it's Seven Stars council due to losing the Issue, Kujan, and Fareed families for a more democratic system with Rustal Elion as it's original head. The Earth's economic blocs abandoned it's influence over the Mars colonies due to Gjallarhorn reducing its Mars branch. Further more, the free Martian cities started the Martian Union, headed by Kudelia as the union chairperson, and that a world where people have equal rights that McGillis wanted would be realized by Rustal, the very man he tried to kill.

2 years into his term as Gjallarhorn's new leader, Rustal decided to step down, giving his position to Hyun Hatake. A decision which shocked everyone, but Rustal was confident in his decision, believing Hyun was a much better fit for the role, as he believed him to be the embodiment of the original Gjallarhorn and will lead them down a better path.

Currently, Hyun and Kudelia were in the midst of signing the "Human Debris Abolishment Treaty". Outright banning the use and practice of using or selling them, in hopes of being the means to prevent further conflict and the exploitation of children as soldiers. Once the signing was completed, Kudelia went to speak with Hyun, as Julieta was with him, acting as his bodyguard.

Kudelia: (24 years old) Thank you very much for today

Hyun: (27 years old) Not at all

Hyun: (27 years old) Not at all. I should be thanking you. With this, I'm sure Lieutenant Crank can truly Rest In Peace, knowing children will no longer be forced onto a battlefield.

Kudelia: Yes. I'm sure he is as well.

Hyun: We will continue to do all we can to help you realize your dream.

Kudelia: Thank you.

Hyun looked out the window and chuckled.

Kudelia: What is it?

Hyun: It's always just so jarring to me. That 7 years ago, when we first met face to face. And I was attempting to kill you. Now look a us.

Kudelia proceeded to chuckle to herself as well.