Thrown Under

Ding Dong, Dong Ding!

"Rise and shine, ursine!"

You droned out the morning announcement as you got ready for the day. After your usual morning routine, you made your way outside.

"Ah, Gundham," you greeted as you notice him exit his cottage.

"Stop. Keep your words to yourself, mere human." he stated.

"Eh...?"

"Have you not noticed the wind that is running amok today?" he asked. "The lost souls of Byakuya and Teruteru linger through it. Are they destined to be cradled against the Heavenly Mother's bosom, or to burn in the fires of Gehenna...?"

You stood in silence for seconds. "What?" was all you could say. "Uh, I dunno, you tell me?"

"Kehehehe..." he chuckled with a grin. "As of now, they drift closer and closer to the fires of Gehenna... I advise you pray for them, foolish human. Perhaps they can still be saved."

"Right... I'll be sure to do that..." you said as you awkwardly walked away.

You walked to the halfway mark of the path where the boys and girls cottages meet, and you notice Mahiru exit her cottage and began walking down the path towards you. A smile graces her face as she sees you.

"Morning, Y/N!" she greeted enthusiastically. "Slept well?"

"I guess you can say..." you muttered before smirking at her. "But wow, I was ready before *the* Mahiru Koizumi? What reality is this?!"

"Hey! I was probably ready before you! I was busy doing laundry is all..." she then began to check your uniform. "Speaking of which, have you been doing yours?"

"Huh?" you asked, surprised by her question. "Uh, yeah! Of course I've been doing it!" you said as you awkwardly tugged at your collar.

"Jeez!" she let's out a sigh. "I know we have tons of uniforms in our closets, but they're not unlimited!"

"Uh, I'll get around to it...?"

"Jeez! Am I gonna have to do it?! You'll probably do it wrong anyway..."

"H-Huh?! I can do my own laundry!"

"But will you?"

"Uh..."

"See? Just give me your dirty clothes, it-it's fine..." she blushed.

"I'll just do it after breakfast, I promise!"

"F-Fine... but if I find out you didn't... I'm gonna be really mad! You're a guy, you shouldn't be walking around in dirty clothes."

"Okay! Sorry, mom..."

"Wh-What did I say about calling me that?! I-Idiot..."

"You know with your hair, your freckles, and how red you are... You look like a strawberry!"

She was really, really cute.

She blushed even harder as she lightly punched your arm.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop teasing! Let's go grab some breakfast."