Chapter 2

" oh come on dad,  it was just a stance.." jennie whined as she followed her father to the kitchen 

" it doesn't matter, I told you not to go to the training grounds " he replied lowly without even looking back at her.

" but I w-" " there is no but Jennie how many times do we have to go through this, you're an omega not a fighter. I want you here, safe!, understand! if I catch you there one more time I will have Eujin follow and report every step you take to me, are we clear !?" her father stopped to look at her strictly and she released a held breath in frustration before nodding while lowering her head. he picked a water bottle with a sigh, giving her a last glance almost as if he felt guilty "go grab something to eat before you do your homework alright ?" she kept silent, looking to the side and folding her arms. Her father moved closer anyway, kissing her head lightly before he turned away and at  finally left the kitchen. 

" awkward .. " jay squeaked quietly as he held his coffeecup. chanyeol slapped his arm with a frown. 

" are you ok ?" he'd asked afterwards but she only looked away not sure if she really wants to answer that " I just don't get it.. if I wasn't his daughter he wouldn't be so strict, I bet he'd even encourage me.. anything for a stronger pack " she knew that wasn't necessarily true. her father was a known alpha, people respected but also feared him for how strong their pack was, how many alliances he had and the history of his victories and merciful acts that didn't only paint him as a strong leader but also a hero to some, an idol to look up to and listen to for he always did what he thought was right, people learned to respect him and be thankful for that. She'd heard many stories of alphas they'd meet now and then still showing gratitude, some stories she couldn't believe were true herself, all she's ever seen of her father, the great alpha sojoon, was overconcern, embarrassing care and yes leadership. she was proud of her dad and she loved him but she couldn't help and think that maybe he loved her too much and the fact that she had been the youngest in the pack with 16 years compared to everyone else being around their 20s didn't help her case in convincing the rest. She knew they only saw her as the puppy of the pack, the little fragile omega.

" at least you've got a dad who worries, every time my parents come for a visit they ask me about my hunt count" jay complained, shrugging his shoulder disgusted " I mean who even calls it that and it the 21 century we have grocery stores now" 

jennie couldn't help but smile lightly at his comment as she came closer and chanyeol titled his head "I think they're just scared we'll forget we're wolves, killing your own food.. theres a sense of respect there" he shrug his shoulders, jennie pressed her lips together somewhat agreeing while jay rolled his eyes. Shed never killed herself but sojoon made sure to explain her where her meat came from, he made sure to show her how to prepare a dead rabbit or handle it. she knew that killing should never be pleasure but essential. it was important to her father not to waste food or take it for granted. 

when she was little, she remembered, he taught her to understand the the meaning of being a wolf, how it used to be and how it was now, he taught her to understand the other part of herself even the parts he most likely had not much knowledge of himself, like the heat of an omega. he taught her that it was nothing embarrassing or shameful, he protected her and comforted her throughout each cycle. Her mother was an omega too but she'd died when Jennie was only 5, there was no memories left of her and her father was left alone as an alpha in explaining what it meant for an omega to grow up. those were things she only learned to appreciate as she got older in a pack filled with different opinions and characters.  

some nights she'd often glance out of the window to watch the betas practise, she remembered trying to recreate the moves in her room until her father caught her, he never approved of it, he'd get angry whenever she so much as mentioned fighting.  he said omegas dont fight, they are the gem of a pack, precious and they should be protected. without omegas there would be no future.