Chapter 3

kyungsoo awoke with a dry mouth, his stomach growled as he looked around himself, disoriented at first until he remembered limping and stumbling through snow and wind, passing out in the middle of it only to realize how much worse it had gotten when he woke up again buried under a sheet of snow. his whole body had almost turned completely numb by the time he finally saw a cabin in the distance and made his way toward it.

kyungsoos shivered, grunting and wincing as he crawled his way out from his hiding spot under the old bed, upon arriving he'd used every last bit of his energy to cover the broken window he'd climbed in from, by pushing over the closet besides it. he'd discovered an old scissor in one of the drawers and used it to cut stripes off the dusty curtains for the use of bandages and at last he'd crawled under the bed and snuggled up with what was left of the curtains in hopes of warming up, part of him already assumed he may not be waking up again given the cold and injuries hed been exposed to but the other just ignored it and moved on as he always had until now.

it should've been a horrible night, kyungsoo thought, considering his condition and the cold but part of him actually felt like he hadnt had slept that bad, the cold mustve tired him out, or maybe it was the blood loss.

he inhaled, feeling dizzy and sick somehow as he tried to stand up but had to hold himself on the wall, his vision had turned black from a moment and he still struggled in moving his cold feet.

kyungsoo exhaled shakingly forcing himself to fully wake up as he stumbled back over to the window, gathering bits of the snow to let it meld in his dry mouth. His teeth chattered in response and he grimaced while glancing down onto the soaked in blood curtains, wrapped around his arm. he wouldn't be able to leave it like that. now that he was calmer than yesterday, the pain was starting to truly kick it in and he couldn't push the tears of agony back anymore once he carefully took a seat by the closet to start removing the sloppily wrapped curtain stipes and have a look on the healing progress.

every bit that moved against his wounds made him feel light headed and at last he was meet with a horribly fleshy wounds from teeths and cuts, thorns sticking out on some spots while dirt and blood was dried to it in others which started freshly bleeding again from the fat tissue exposed to the cold air. what was left of his arm? he wondered frustrated. he'd never had much meat on him, considering how little he was allowed to eat, he was a skeleton to begin with and now he was met with the sight of a piece of his bone peaking out.

his arm shock horrible in agony and with it the rest of his body like it only now realized how bad of shape he really was in. he'd carried terrible wounds that scarred over throughout his whole life but seeing one quite this deep to have him face his bone scared even him a little.

he no longer moved the injured arm as his other reached for more snow shakingly putting it on to watch it turn red, a tear trailed down his cheek at the crucial pain it was sent through his whole body, when he retained himself from screaming out, not that it stopped him as he reached for more snow to put on while clenching his teeth, it started bleeding more again by the time he plugged out most of the thorns and dirt he could and finally started wrapping it up again.

the action made him tired again, he concluded as he leaned back and exhaled shakingly, his breath forming a cloud in front of him and his teeth chattered as he glanced down to his right leg to see his pants having been ripped and bloodied from its own wounds he couldn't even attend to anymore, he was too banged up to run again. but he knew he couldn't stay here either.

" hello ?"

he flinched, eyes widened as he shifted away from the bit of opening by the window that could reveal him as he heard the steps of a stranger through the snow outside. his heart picked up on pace and he focused on keeping a steady breath. eyes darting from the window to the door when the steps came closer.