Chapter 20 Jay

kyungsoo exhaled quietly, stepping through the forest with eyes trailing the trees and dirty grounds. Its been a while ever since he would walk through a forest without worrying about being chased down, more accurately he couldnt remember ever feeling this at ease while walking through a forest, it was never walking tl begin with. It would be stumbling from wound, running or sneaking through buahes and dirt.

3 rabbits hung on the back of his belt as he stepped over uneven rocks. staff still in hand and held firmly when he heard a rustling noise and lowered himself, eyes scanning his surroundings for another moment as he listened in closely to where he heard the rustling, making him turn to the left and take a careful step. Perhaps, he thought, he'd spooked himself unnecessarily because of thinking back to the past.

"boo" he looked behind himself swinging his staff along without thinking twice only to watch jay stumble and fall down from the rocks with a groan, clutching his nose.

kyungsoo straightened, sighing whilst frowning down at the half naked and recovering beta, clinging to his nose in pain.
" shit.. you quite literally gave me a bloody nose"

the omega jumped down to land beside him
" what did you expect if you sneak up on someone " he stabbed the staff into the ground to get down in front of him

" I thought I could scare you " jay grunted and kyungsoo reached up to remove his hand and look at his bleeding nose himself. " I dont just get scared "

the beta chuckled, wincing a little as kyungsoo touched the bridge of his nose to test if it was broken. jay couldnt help but glance over the shorters expressionless face with a slight smirk
" you've never been scared then ?"

" thats not what I said " he looked back at his eyes briefly.

jay thought for a moment, looking over the omegas face " what do you mean then ?"

" giving into fear makes you weak "he explained annoyed and jay winced back when hed pushed on his nose a little too harsh, it made kyungsoo sigh a little amused as he dropped his hands to look at him recollect himself " so is giving into pain by the way "

" ok ok.. " jay grunted again, eyes having teared up a little at the pain but he returned back to the spot in front of him, where he could continue tapping carefully around his nose to find the abnormaly " does that mean you dont have any fears, then? "

the omega met his eyes at that, seemingly in thought as he hesitate before he harshly pushed at his nose earning a crackling nose and jay groaned, turning back in pain and covering his nose, not failing to notice how kyungsoo had at last smiled slightly at his reaction " argh.. fuck, fuck thats not fun.. so not fun.."

" It's not suppose to be " kyungsoo stated in return, standing up and taking the staff out of the earth to hold again as he turned away.

jay looked after him sniffing as he felt his nose start healing now that the broken bone had been set into its place again. he swallowed, skipping steps to rush after and walk besides him in curiosity as he whiped at the blood.
" you didnt answer the questions "

kyungsoo frowned, irritated but not looking back at him " why would I? what are you afraid of ?"

jay thought for a moment as he inhaled " ah, lets see theres plently of things actually like jongin or tight places and I'm not really much of a snake friend either "

a little smile appeard on the omegas lip rediculued as he looked up at him " what are you? 5?"

" why does everyone always tell me that " jay sighed jokingly and kyungsoo kept his smile slowly fading as he recalled the question.
" the dark.. " he admitted