Chapter 24

water dropped to the ground between his feet as he stepped out of the shower to grab a towel. Kyungsoo inhaled. he'd cleaned himself off again, something he'd been doing more than ever since hed came to this pack in which everyone loved to shower, specially eujin. She'd earned a couple of groans for taking a long time and rushing first into the bathroom after training or in the morning. Her unapologetic nature suggested the others couldnt have minded it enought to punish her- 

kyungsoo stopped whiping the towel over his hair, he'd used to think a lot about punishments and what they meant but here, he'd nearly forgotten what real punishments were. all alpha sojoon did was make them apologize or talk. it was disgusting, there was never any blood spilled, not on the alphas terms. Recalling even the time alpha sojoon was mad felt unreal even after all this time. how can someone like sojoon be an alpha and a pack like this exist.. how can the boneheaded wolves in school exist. it felt like hed cheated and jumped from his world to another and alpha sojoon wanted him to stay.. he wanted him to fit in.

his tired eyes glanced over the uneven skin over his legs, a mark from the house he'd watched burn down long ago with screams following close behind him, the sound of flames swallowing wood, curtains, beds and wardrobes and as his eyes traveled further he looked upon the many claw marks, unable to even remember how he'd gotten them. 

Kyungsoo had many marks about incidents on his body but he'd never looked or thought of them in the way he'd been doing so here, ever since he noticed how clear jennies skin was, ever since everyone else pointed out his scars in questions and sad looks, they never looked at him like that before. nobody ever did, they would mock his body and marks at most but never ask and say sorry for them. His eyes lifted to the long mirror against the wall and he turned to look over his back at the scattered lines over his shoulder blades and down his ribs traveling over his side. and as he turned back his eyes trailed the burns and dots of cigarettes over his forearm, the other being skinnier where hed clearly lost too much meat to regenerate it, the lines of stabs and the bites all over him. he balled his hand to a fist and finall looked away to grab his clothes.

kyungsoo had more marks than he dared to count or pay attention to, too many to remember more than the few that left scars not visible but he learned to carry them all.

-

" what are you doing ?" kyungsoo stepped up to the tree and the spot it threw a shadow over.

jongin glanced up from his book confused " what ?"

" go away " he demanded, holding his carving board and little pen in hand, hed gotten another one from yixing and just wanted to get it over with on the usual spot he always took because it was quiet, peaceful and he loved breathing the free air while he focused on carving, little did he know that the spot had already been occupied by the said beta by the time he'd reached it 

" no " jongin nearly huffed out, irritating the boy further.

" this is my spot "

it took the beta a moment to realize hed been serious by looking over the displaced omega " excuse me?"

" its my spot, I always sit here when I carve so move " he pushed on " read your stupid book elsewhere "

jongin finally sat up further when kyungsoo stared down at him motioning toward the board he was carrying like the taller had been an idiot but he only shock his head.

" no " he shock his head feeling rediculed " carve your teletaphies elsewhere, porcelain "

" stop calling me that, do I look fragile to you?"