Chapter 29 chanyeol

(sorry, I'm a student I have times I will take break away from wattpad cause its like a black hole to me that sucks me in for houres.. and i cant allow that to happen when I have exams lol. I'll try to give a warning next time)

quick recap :

- jongin made Kyungsoo join him in an after school activity called 'the Js' (basically doing things for other students and get paid for it).

- current job was to find a girls purse and kyungsoo climbed the walls in gym to get a ball down for exchange of information and then threatened and stabbed another guys hand afterward.

- they had one more person to go to,whod at last have the purse but that person wasnt a student so jongin and jay were unsure and the chapter ended there. 

-

" hey"
chanyeol exhaled exhausted as he entered the house, a hand holding a milkshake While the other closed the door behind himself and he dropped his bag to the side.

kyungsoo sat by the table, face hidden behind his book from which he only briefly looked up from without giving a response.

Chanyeol dropped his keys in the key bowl. Not that hed expected an hello in return but he could practically see the dark rainclouds over the shorters head hidden behind the book frames.

chanyeol pressed his lips together, titling his head with a little smile as he moved further into the house
" are you ok-"'
" I'm so sick of that stupid fucking question " he snapped and the beta hesitated. His eyes moved to the stairs before he reached the table. It had only been kyungsoo in the room and the house seemed awfully quiet, meaning The others must be out or still at school.

Humming in thought chanyeol decided to take a seat, attempting to read the book cover between them " what are you studying? "

" I'm not even sure myself.. " he grumbled turning the page, pupils slowly moving along the lines, focused and then stopping to return to where he had already read to read it once more, he must be struggling in making Sense of whatever it was written there
" you know its not your fault "

the omega glanced up, frowning lightly
" what ?"

" nobody expects you to be good in school considering how you were raised " he explained, hand reaching out in sympathy but the shorter only looked back at him as if he'd just been insulted.

" Are you calling me stupid ?"

Surprised chsnyeol shock his head " no , no" his eyebrows lifted and he sighed, putting his hands down onto his lap instead " what I mean is that we all went to school since we were only kids.. I cant imagen only starting at your age and not even at the beginning but in our grade, youre lacking all the knowledge from previous grades.. its understandable that you're struggling.. "

kyungsoo stared back at him with nothing but a frown and he would lie if he tried to convince himself it wasnt a little unsettling and uncomfortable when the omega started putting his book down, like he'd now fully given the taller his attention. Chanyeol recalled his own words, seeing what could offend the shorter but not knowing how to fix it, instead hed waited for him to start shooting insults or knowing him even throw a fist or 2.

kyungsoo turned his head, exhaling a puff of air seemingly in thoughts. Judging by his expression none of them very positive.

curious and calmer the beta followed his eyes to land on jongin training with eujin outside, mostly slow movements and defenses, which explained why it seemed to silent before
" jongin wasnt "kyungsoo then mumbled.

chanyeol turned to him in question, causing him to continue " jongin wasnt in school as a kid either "

The taller inhaled to say something but instead closed his mouth again as his eyes flew over to the door to showing Jongin. Chanyeol hadnt really considered it before but the said beta had already been a part of the pack when he joined and he remembered vaguely that he'd struggled in good behavoir and passing classes in school but he'd never really heard any details.