Chapter 13

Kyungsoo had never been to a mall, at least not really or for sure that is. Vaguely he'd remembered being sold underneath a mall. the noise of crowds and of people had seeped all the way through to the undergound and he remembered picturing the city folk much like annoying pidgeons oblvious to anything but their loud voices.

Yet he still thought on an escape plan, he'd remembered attempting it too and barely getting a glimpse of a couple of heads disappearing in an old staircase before he'd been caught.
" foolish little thing" his then new alpha had called him, tied him up hanging by his wrists for days, whipped, sleep deprived and starved.

dark days, he thought. The lingering feeling of dread and desperation was still something he struggled shaking off but in the end thats all it were. dark days.

" are you ok?" alpha sojoon asked, walking besides him. kyungsoo had unconsciously stayed close to him. focused eyes trying to scan almost every person passing by or looking at them from a distance as if he'd expected an attack from any of them at any given time.

It were too many people, kyungsoos eyes moved around and at last he stopped in his steps, looking behind himself at the loudly laughing group of betas, the alphas eating by the coffee shop, other actual omegas walking around with bags, only the 2 of them. He turned and he turned, backing away from the people passing by unconsciously keeping his arm touched with the alphas.  he exhaled shakingly. hands to the back of his pants reaching for a weapon he didnt posess. " kyungsoo?"

the noise overwhelmed him and he searched every alpha he could find, every beta that was close enough to start jumping him, anyone who faced them with their backs. he inhaled and tried to stay focused until he spotted a table by the coffee place, freed from the omega whod stood up and left. knifes laying on it. an opportunity, he thought, whod leave knifes just laying around so openly with so many strangers ? Idiots. 

he moved wanting to rush to it but just as he took a step, alpha sojoon held onto his arm catching him off guard as he reached up hand on the alphas with attentive eyes, ready to react, to twist and shake the alpha off but before he did, he remembered who hed been facing. 

" breath kid.. its ok " the alpha assurred and kyungsoo looked back to the table exposing the knifes, that were now being cleaned by another beta, wearing some sort of uniform. " nobody will hurt you here and I'm here, I'll protect you if anythign happens"

kyungsoo exhaled. " why are we here ?" he asked, unsure and irritated. was sojoon going to sell him afterall. was he going to dump him here, was he going to show him what his task was going to be afterall. 

" we're gonna look for some clothes for you, good to know you've listened to me on the way here" he chuckled slightly during the end making kyungsoo shoot another glance at him, like he was still on edge ready to fight or jump on any wrong action " hey.. you're safe with me, I promise  "

the omega didnt seem too trusting and the alpha must've noticed it by the way he found the shorter still looking around with tense shoulders. he lowered his hand from holding his arm to grab his hand gently instead.

kyungsoo swallowed, looking down but gripping back onto the alphas hand, ashamed but for once finding it to be the only way to calm his racing heart as the alpha continued to walk.

in any other case he was sure, he would've started insulting him, he wouldve twisted his hand and rammed his knee into his guts, throwing him to the ground and stomping onto his head. But he knew sojoon wouldnt go down so easily even if he'd tried and he found himself not wanting to take him down anyway. even if it had been an act. kyungsoo had never been as healthy as he was now, every bruise he had only came from training with the betas or punching and kicking the dummies, which hed found hismelf enjoying a lot more given that he was actually allowed to do so for once.