Chapter 11 Kill or be killed

Jongin stopped by the door to the backyard to lean against the frame of it, stuck in thoughts and hesitation. His eyes glancing over to kyungsoo sitting on the grass, a board in front of him that he seemed to be doing some exercises on with his shaky hand, carrying the brace. hed been out here all day according to sojoon, who'd been suspicious over something having happened but if it was one thing the pack was good at it was loyalty, none of them said anything to sojoon but eujin made it clear that he has to get over himself and apologize for the sake of both of them.

and it wasnt like jongin didnt want to either, it just felt lot harder than he thought it should. He'd felt guilty all night and sleeping had been an issue with him even before. He just didnt trust his mind to stay in the present whenever hed gone to bed. He knew he would go back to before sojoon found him and he hated being reminded of it all the time. He hated that he couldnt be able to let it go. Like it would always somehow be a part of him, a scar that no one but him could see and when he'd questioned kyungsoo, hed realized he'd carried his own.

He stepped forward scowling at himself for making it harder by thinking too much even as he quietly sat down beside the omega, who briefly glanced to his side clearly irritated by his arrival.

" what're doing ?" Jongin asked, low tone as he peaked over at the wooden board, it was a sketch, drawn lightly by a pen and kyungsoo was holding a carving knife, carving out the lines of the picture. " did you draw th-"
" I promised not to hurt anyone so dont test me"

Jongin kept quiet at that, pressing his lips together awkwardly and it made the omega uncomfortable the least. Unconsciously he'd started carving more aggressively, making the lines harsher and deeper ripped into the wood " yixing drew this, he told me to carve it, its suppose to be good for my wrist or whatever, now piss off "

Jongin exhaled again but didnt move
" look I'm sorry about yesterday, I didnt come from easy circumstances myself alright " the words left him in a tone more defensive than he'd intended, causing him to swallow to try again " sojoon saved my life.. All of them did.. and I'm just. I'm thankful and very protective over this pack "

Kyungsoo stopped carving, moving the pain down slightly " you think I'm a danger.. "

" I underestimated you once and I see you fight, when you train the way you move- "
" youve been watching me train ?" Kyungsoo looked at him now.

" yeah.." the beta shrug" it's, quite intimidating, which is somewhat weird because you're an omega.." he explained in honesty, keeping his frown however.

Kyungsoo stayed silent, eyes moving down as he lifted the knife to continue carving.
" I know you think I'm cold blooded killer " he started " and partially you're right I don't care about taking someones life, I dont feel remorse or that it's wrong but that doesnt mean I like it.. or do it out of boredom. I kill when I see it necessary.. no second thoughts, no is it ok though? its kill. or be killed. and I kill. the only reason your stupid omegas survived was because I made that choice"

Jongin watched him, somewhat finding understanding in what the omega had explained. even if it was still difficult to comprehend the fact that he'd killed so many wolves with a simple axe. With that expression of his, he found himself understanding that taking ones life was something the omega must've gotten used to, something he must've learned to be ready for. one may not have a choice when it was only them without a pack or an alpha to trust behind themselves.

" now leave me alone or your face will be my next carving space"

Jongin huffed out a slight chuckle of air still in disbelieve at the threatening nature of kyungsoo but he didnt get up instead he lifted his knees to rest his arms on them " so.. are we good?"