Chapter 10

Jongin sighed, annoyed as he closed his book on the desk. the past few weeks have left him with nothing but a headache. seeing the omega walk around the house, being treated so carefully by the alpha and always paid attention to by the other, more out of curiosity than suspicion it made him feel like he was the only one sane in this house, the only one who hadnt forgotten the fact that the omega by himself had murdered many of his own pack with nothing but an axe. But that didnt seem to matter anymore, everyone moved past it. 

jongin looked out of the window with cold eyes watching the backyard where said kyungsoo was training, circling the hay dummy with a wooden staff, now and then he'd turn it in his hand behind himself, spinning it around more like hed been dancing with it than anything. e squinted at the sight. 

he'd liked watching his pack members train, analysing their weaknesses and scolding them into fixing them to earn improvement even if with jay most of the time certain mistakes were just unavoidable, remade and never learned from and chanyeol simply had a problem in hitting down hard, he had a problem of being too soft. Like hed be afraid of hurting the dummy. the fact that he could be clumsy certainly didnt help his case either. 

still, watching them train was always somehow satisfying. It was something jongin could put his mind into and focus on. But when he'd watched kyungsoo over the past weeks he'd been here, it was different.

He didnt analyse or look for improvements when he saw him train, because it almost appeared flawless. Not because he'd done it all right but because it was smooth, unlike with the others he moved fast but effortlessly. They'd hit and kick the dummy but he'd move around it, now and then striking without it being expected. It was interesting to jongin to see it, he'd first watched him to study his tactics but the longer he looked the more he felt himself just watching for the sake of seeing it. It became clear that kyungsoos way of fighting wasn't about hitting first, harder or as much as possible it was about expecting any form of attack and having the ability to decide a reaction to it more so often it was how to advantageously dodge if anything and that sort of mentality was rare.

It was smart, kyungsoo definitely knew what he was and how to handle himself without relying on strength and anger like most wolves specially betas did these days. He knew how to benefit from being underestimated. He waited, he watched and then he'd strike.

The wooden sword hit the dummy again and the head flew to the side. Jongin watched it tumble on the grass and roll off, Eujin chuckling at it as she stood up from where she rested with jay.

Jongin looked away at that, retreating from the window. He couldnt lie, kyungsoo was not to be underestimated and it was true that he was a good fighter but that didn't mean that jongin approved of him staying here if anything it just made him dislike the fact that he was even more. He simply didn't trust him even if it felt like he'd been the only one still thinking this way after a month had passed.

-