Chapter 25

" what is that ?" kyungsoo asked as he glanced over the paper he'd gotten from his math class. He remembered the teacher shaking his head before tossing it to his table but he hadn't really looked or bothered much, even in the past he used to get a lot of papers back that were marked in red all over them and he couldnt ever seem to bother about the meaning behind it, yet everyone else always seemed to be talking about it and he could tell a couple of other students had been laughing at him whenever he'd been handed another red loaded paper but the calm finds the reason sojoon always told him and what could be the reason here, why should he even care to know the reason in the first place even so he'd always tell it to himself the calm finds the reason, whenever he felt tested, the calm finds the reason. until his anger was directed to the very saying itself instead and overtime even that faded.

he hadnt understood what sojoon meant by telling him first but overtime it still imprinted itself into his mind and just repeating the words itself somehow taught him to be keeping calm and collected before anything and it made him realize that certain situations actually meant far less than he felt during the moments they'd occured. he'd find himself often glad he didnt waste time to lash out on certain people and situation. yet other times hed found himself annoyed by himself for not breaking someones nose who in his eyes was so clearly deserving of it. it was a conflict he'd always struggled with and even when most of the time sojoon was right, staying calm was the better thing to do, he couldnt bring himself to care. sometimes he just wanted to jump someone or threaten them to let them know he wasnt just another whiny omega to step on. Part of him liked seeing the sudden fear on previously arrogant faces.

" Its your mark.." chanyeol explained, he'd been looking over it before even taking a seat by their table in the cafeteria. He hadnt even noticed his arrival however and now glanced back at him still observing the paper while chewing. Jongin stayed silent beside them, eating his meal unbothered even when at last chanyeol seemed to glance at him causing kyungsoo to do the same and jongin put his sandwich down with, looking annoyed " what ?"

" I thought you were studying with him ?" chanyeol pressed his lips together so the beta rolled his eyes taking another bite and glancing back at his book " I am in english, I cant cover every subject... specially math "

" is a mark bad ?" kyungsoo spoke in between, wearing a slight frown and chanyeol sighed softly " no, but the mark you got, well it-" " shit..you got an F ?" jay gasped as he arrived to take a seat and then a tablet full of sandwiches and drinks plopped to the table as eujin also sat down across from them. 

" what subject ?" she asked, reaching for a sandwich from the many she picked. kyungsoo had eyed it but didnt bother to comment on the fact that the woman giving out food always said not to take more than one off the counters. 

" the one with numbers " kyungsoo sighed instead and jongin chuckled, taking another bite off his sandwich at which the omega glared back.

" dont worry everyone sucks in math " jay assured but kyungsoo saw all of them exchange glances, sympathetic ones so he sighed folding his arms. " F is a mark right, a bad one ?" 

" it's ok.. I mean its understandable,I mean- someone with your history of struggles.. "chanyeoll attempted to assure " its nothing to be- its not surprising"

kyungsoo frowned at that " what do you mean ?"

" you've been through a lot of trauma.. and you've never been allowed to visit a school how would you know this stuff on top of that you're not a child anymore, learning everything from the beginning is nearly impossible. its a miracle you are able to spell the way you do "he explained so kyungsoos frown hardened while the beta took a sandwich for himself oblivious to the offense he caused.