Chapter: 14

" -everyday, its like he still sees me as this little defensless girl " jennie complained while she peeled potatoes by the table with kyungsoo sitting in front of her and doing the same, forced to listen to what he thought were pathetic complains. it irritated but also confused him. He'd never met an omega who complained this much, this vocal and confidently about such useless things before.

" but you are a little and defenseless girl " he replied, grabbing another potatoes while his eyes moved lightly to her horribly and messily peeled potatoes. she'd joined him while he prepared food after sojoon had allowed him to, given kyungsoo seemed to be the only one capable of properly cooking more than 1 or 2 meals. Looking at her and her slow and sloppy work it was clear however that she must've never peeled portatoes before.

" H-how can you say that ?I'm not defenseless! or little anymore I'm almost as damn tall as you! " she whined so kyungsoo looked up again, blank eyes looking over her.

" It has nothing to do with your height, you're just a useless person " he shrugg his shoulder and her lips parted in shock as she looked at him and he put another potatoe into the bowl and stopped to examine her. it almost seemed like she wasn't even aware of herself. 

" are you really surprised? you cried like a pathetic idiot when we met, you have no skills, you even fail at folding clothes or peeling a potatoe, you're completely useless to this pack. in fact you're a danger. if another alpha kidnapped you, you wouldn't last a minute through torture and reveal all the secrets and weaknesses of this pack" he explained, hands reaching for the knife to start chopping the vegetables but she stayed frozen in her seat, suddenly silent and kyungsoo wouldve been thankful to that before but somehow it made him feel bad this time.

he looked up at the omega in front of him only to see her look into her lap as tears trailed down her cheeks and he hesitated, putting the knife down conflicted on if he should be feeling annoyed or.. something else. he just couldn't understand how she could be so oblivious to her position and nature, she was old enough to know "why are you crying? "

" you called me useless! am I suppose to be happy about it !? " she sniffled and kyungsoo looked up with a sigh, leaning back on his chair to look over her again.

" Look, I didnt say this to make you cry" he explained " you were whimpering all morning and then went quiet, I assumed you wanted me to answer " 

disbelief she looked up again, eyes clearly mad but also hurt as they looked over his " I.. I did but I thought maybe you'd aggree, I mean its not fair! father shouldnt be treating me this way, like I'm weak, I thought you- didnt you argue with him too last week because of something that happened at the mall?? I thought You of all people would understand you're like me "

kyungsoo squinted his eyes, a light frown appearing on his face as he stayed still to look at her " you think I of all people would understand ?" 

she shrugg her shoulders but he stayed quiet, strict eyes on her, slowly making her uncomfortable by the intensity of his gaze
" have you ever killed before ?"

she shifted, whiping over her cheeks while looking away now uncomfortable as she swallowed and shrugg her shoulders as if to shrugg the converdation off.

" just because we're both omegas doesnt we're in in the same position here, we never were. nobody cares if either of our lives are unfair its pointless and pathetic to complain and unlike you I never had the time to complain about feeling mistreated. thats why you're useless, not because you're an omega like me but because you've been spoiled and you're too much of a lazy coward to change " "my father said I'm not allowed to"

" and a beta once said I wasnt going to leave alive. You cower behind excuses " 

she frowned as he simply picked the knife up again to continue chopping up the vedgetables.