Chapter 21 Temper

jongin cursed under his breath, eyes glaring into the air as he walked through the hallways, scanning nearly every person who he'd passed but none of them were him and the more startled and perplexed faces he saw the more onfuriated he felt. Heartbeat spiking at the rush of thoughts on what trouble he would be causing now that he lost him out of his sight.

he'd turned away just a moment to talk with someone he'd shared test results with, just a moment he'd turned his back to the omega standing by his locker and then he turened back to find the spot empty. to find that kyungsoo mustve wandered off without telling him and the fact that he knew he would be held responsible for whatever the omega may do, it made his blood boil.
he never thought hed be someone to babysit someone else but sojoon just had to force him and now he was rushing around the halls trying to find a sign of that stupid impulsive omega. 

jongin turned around a corner with a scoff only to stop as hed come face to face with jennie, nearly having bumped into her and he group of friends. she yelped and stumbled back slightly only for him to hold her by her arm with a little sigh, looking hee over with a softer gaze now.

" jongin " she blinked up at him " are you ok ?"
He glanced from her to her friends blishing and looking at each other shyly, none of them met his eyes but he couldnt care enough to oay attention to them.
" arent you suppose to be in your grades area ?" He asked.

" we had mentor meeting remember ?" she shrugg her shoulders, smiling a little as she played with the end of her shirt while he nodded, recalling the faint memory of her mentioning it before he glanced over her shoulder at the students crowding the hallway
While she continued" anyway.. I havent found a mentor for the exams yet and-" " have you seen kyungsoo ?" without really having heard her question he looked over his shoulder before back onto the hallway in front of him.

she dropped her hand and her friend snickered behind her " seriously ? " her reaction made him glance back to her

" you have ?" he frowned, oblivious to her turning red in anger herself.

" yeah some guys dragged him away whatever " she folded her arms, averting her eyes to the side but his frown hardened.
" when ?"

" just now" she shrugg her shoulders and he looked in between her eyes confused " and you didnt call or do anything ? where did they go ??"

" well I'm not helping an asshole, just wait here I'm sure-" " where did they drag him off to, jennie "

she hesitated but he looked serious enough for her to not wait long, she didnt want to make the beta angry or to disappoint him and it caught her off guard to see him so invested
" t-the back of the school-"

jongin hadn't wasted another breath to talk with her as he rushed passed her and toward the back of the school, fierce eyes focused on the way and ignoring the turning head and startled eyes on him when he most likely looked like he was about to kill someone as he finally reached the door. he knew jennie better than this, he knew she disliked kyungsoos attitude but he never expected her to be alright in something bad happening to him. 

jongin stopped in his steps as he exited the school to set sight onto a crowd of students gathering around. 

kyungsoo was there, sitting on a beta with a leg on each side of him while he gripped his collar and beat his fist into his face, his knuckles were bloody and a teacher stood on the side visibly afraid to step in herself as the omega continued to punch the beta who'd been barely conscious. his friend was crying and on his knees with a bruised eye himself while the teacher tried comforting him just a few meters away.

jongin sighed as he made it through the crowd to stand behind the said omega. To think he thought the boy would be in danger, he shouldve known better. it wasnt like kyungsoo had the ability to filter out good and bad behavoir, he acted how he acted and that was it.
Upon seeing the teacher look at him frightened and a couple of students covering their mouths while others stared jongin finally stepped up.