Chapter 26 Shared Night

" its your own fault " the distant voice stated, ringing through his head
" I know you like it " he panted and kyungsoo closed his eyes annoyed, the sound of skin slapping against skin was like acid to his ears as he lowered his head onto his lifted knees, hugging them to himself as a cold breeze went by.

" lets have some fun, little runt " he stabbed his knife into the ground besides him and started counting numbers to himself because he knew it were only memories. Whatever he was hearing wasnt real anymore and whatever feeling of dead and disgust wasnt justified anymore, the eerie feeling of realizing what was about to happen, it wasn't justified because nothing would happen now, even if he dreamed it. Dreams werent real and he wasnt justified.

Most of the alphas and betas he still dreamed of werent even alive anymore any yet he still couldnt stop himself from feeling it all.
It was infuriating, logically their death should satisfy him and give his fears no more meaning but it didnt change a thing. they were dead but he kept them alive. " I'll take good care of you"

and then as kyungsoo buried his face in his hands over his knees, groaned annoyed and frustrated over everything he was feeling so horrible for, boots stepped up in front of him.

the omega lifted his eyes to them, traveling ip to meet no other but jongins frown directed down and at him, the moon shining bright behind him " what are you doing ?" He asked, he wore a jacket, no shirt underneath but black jogging pants pushed messily into his dirty boots.
Any other day kyungsoo would find the lined scars on jongins chest traveling down to his torso suspicious but at that moemnt he couldnt care less.

The omega didnt answer, instead he looked to the side as if the beta hadnt even been there to begin with and halfheartedly he wished he wasnt and would just go away.

jongin hesitated, seemingly thinking of what to do himself " it's 4 am.. "

yet again the omega kept his mouth shut, looking out and into the forest. that idiot, he was unable to just leave him alone. whatever he did jongin was somehow there or close by and usually hed grown to not care or mind, occasionally he'd liked that jongin was there or he wished he was to make certain things easier but on that day he wished the beta would just close his jacket and walk away.

the beta shifted looking out before getting down to sit beside him, raising one knee to rest his elbow on " you ok ?.. "

kyungsoo looked down at that, blank eyes scanning the grass. he learned that the beta had a sort of rightousness to him, he'd been more of the quiet type but not because he was shy. kyungsoo couldnt recall the beta ever showing even fear or any stronger emotion like the other pack members, he didnt laugh loudly along and he never looked sad or cried, the most hed seen the beta react was when he would be mad but even then he somewhat seemed to hold back on it.

" what were you doing this late ?" he asked and jongin turned to look at him slightly and explain
" I shifted for a run "

Silence followed but the omega couldnt help and wonder even without questioning, Why he never ran with the others, why now at night alone.. did he always do that ?

Kyungsoo closed his eyes exhaling as he looked at the moon again, it didnt matter anyway, it wouldnt make a difference if he knew and as he breathened through, more silent moments passed in which he cleared his loud mind by simply watching the moon, despite still feeling somwhat anger toward it, the times which he could watch it had always been one if not the most peaceful he would allow himself to feel. how the clouds slowly passed it and its light wouldnt flicker or suddenly dim, the moon always stayed as it was and it always appeared every night. In a way that was the only reliable thing he had, knowing the moon would be there.