Chapter 23

jongins fingers traced the books in the library as he tried to find an interesting read. But the more books he read the more he found himself always discovering a pattern that repeated itself in ever story he read.

he hadnt spent as much time in the library as he had when he started driving earlier to school for kyungsoos tutoring. he was annoyed by the fact that he had to do it again considering sojoon only trusted him to be able and manage it, but after all this time he actually didnt mind it much anymore. he was ok with it, he guessed.

" hey " he looked over his shoulder at a girl calling. " your jongin right ?" she titled her head with a smile and he only frowned down at her without answering.

" well.." she laughed awkwardly " I wanted to ask if you could maybe hand me that one "

he looked to the book on the topshelve shed pointed to. jongin recognized the book by the cover but still chose to stay quiet when he reached it for it and handed it down to her " thank you "

he nodded and turned away again ready to continue browsing books but she spoke and made him stop " I love this series.. I was looking for this part since ages "

he looked down onto what she was looking again to make sure it was the book hed recognized it for " It was boring.. might wanna save yourself from the disappointment "

" what " her eyes widened " come on, these books are genius "

" you must not be very smart " he folded his arms expecting her to react offended or the least but instead she only looked at him before laughing to herself " yeah.. no I just I love the romance In it "

" why ? it made 0 sense and it was so cliche" jongnin frowned

" because she lost her memory, why do you think its repetive? because people love it " she pointed at him in argument but he only rose his eyebrows at her.

" thought you didnt read it ?"

she looked aside, cheeks turning pink before she sucked in her lips and hesitated " I.. did but I wanna reread it "

" ofcorse you do.. makes sense since you like repetive garbage " he leaned foreward to her and he frowned with a pout. " you really are as rude as they say "

" did they also say I dont care.. " he mumbled turning away again and leaving her standing in between the shelves with a pout.

she must be new, he thought. people didnt really talk to him around here. most of them didnt like him and others were scared of him, which he didnt particularly mind since he wasn't really interested in other people or finding friends. sojoon used to encurage him but jongin always preferred being more by himself and observant of others, it just felt more fitting and right. he could never picture himself standing and laughing in one of those groups.

" asshole.. " he looked after a few students looking pissed as they nearly stumped away and passed him without spending him a glance " I literally complimented him, whats wrong with this dude "

jongins frown faded and he sighed looking into the direction they were coming from. anger rushed though him, anger and annoyance as he headed toward the direction. he could recall the days he would catch kyungsoo skip classes or try to sneak out and each time hed drag him back but lately hed felt like the omega stopped being as much of a pain in the ass as back then but appearently, he still was if you only turned your back a little.

" what the hell? " Jongin put his hand onto the table right beside where kyungsoo had rested his hand. " why are you not int your stupid tutoring class "