Chapter 16 Part of the Pack

On the couch Jongin angrily bandaged jays head, mind racing with questions and accusations as he now and then glanced over displeased at kyungsoo, sitting on the stairs silently with eyes glued to the ground before himself.

eujins throat and leg had been already bandaged, a plaster over her right eyebrow where a huge gash had been left.
She was moving around regardless, picking up broken furniture and brooming rubble aside.
Despite their win the air seemed awfully depressing and still tense. Jongin felt a cloud over specifically his own head as he tried to muster on how the betas could possibly have knows what they did.

" ouch.. " jay complained as jongin had held onto his bruised shoulder, rolling his eyes at the complaints " stop whining you're fine "

" fine ?" jay rose his eyebrows, exhaling as he looked over hus bandaged hand " how is anyone fine here? we almost got our asses handed to us in our own home.. "

eujin stopped to look at him, resting her weight onto the broom stick with empty eyes, visibly thinking it over herself as she frowned down to the glass of the broken couch table " they knew stuff.. about us " her hand moved her hair back, grimacing at the pain of her head injury.

Jongin glared " yes" He dropped his hands from jay, having finished up the bandage, before looking over to kyungsoo " I wonder how.. "

The other 2 betas followed his gaze to the said omega. Maybe if he hadnt been distant in his own thought jongin wouldnt be so quick to suspect something was up but his absent gaze was enough evidence that he was hiding something and it rubbed the beta the wrong way.

Kyungsoo hadnt even been part of the pack, no one knew details of his past. The kind of people he attracted and angered, the kind of packs he'd insulted or threatened or made dealings with. No one knew if he had still ties to some of them yet here he was, eating their food, sleeping in their house and being protected like he'd been one of them.. but he wasnt.

That alpha chul he wanted kyungsoo, the psycho betas had stated that perfectly clear so it had to have something to do with him, it didnt matter if they knew more than they possibly could about jongin or eujin or even jay because at the end of the day it was kyungsoo they came for, not anyone else.

" kyungsoo " Eujin called but still the boy looked down to the space between his legs "kyungsoo " she called again, limping closer and his eyes darted to her before to the rest of them. Focused and strict all of a sudden.

" did you know those guys ?" she continued to ask and he swallowed, looking aside before shaking his head "no.. "

" they were looking for you though" jongin stated but the omega didnt respond to that, instead he returned to observing the ground before him. The beta exhaled shaking his head, It must not have felt like any of his concerns, he wasnt a part of this pack afterall, he could just go if he wished and leave the rest of them to deal with.

" dont bullshit us " he finally spat and kyungsoo looked back up at him, frowning harder now.
" excuse me ?"

" they couldve killed one of us and im not eady to die for some omega, who-" " who what ?" Kyungsoo stood up now and jongin clenched his jaw " I didnt ask any of you to die for me alright and it wasnt like I was the only one here they knew "

" but they wanted you" eujin sighed, not liking the situation herself but clearly having doubts of her own.

Kyungsoo looked away from her, eyes clearly distant as he brought a hand up to brush his hair back frustrated as he stepped the rest of the steps down, ready to leave only to be stopped as jongin grabbed his arm to keep him still.
" where are you going "