Chapter 26 Time

When Hui Gai used his new-found skills to create a bubble in order to contain...well, practically anything, Wei Ying had been fascinated to learn how. It had taken him a long time but he thought he had perfected it by now.

And the JingLing was a dangerous thing...for now.

And a little bit further down the list of things that were preying on his mind. Since the crystal ball looked see-through and empty now, he figured the JingLing was hiding so...it probably wouldn't mind if Wei Ying did this.

Wei Ying closed his eyes and formed a bubble by placing his palms above each other and in a slightly curved shape until he could feel it. Then using just the power of his mind, he trapped the JingLing inside and put it safely inside the chest of drawers, on the bottom last drawer.

Lan Zhan had been watching him, with a little bit of curiosity and a whole lot of love. Wei Ying’s actions and his super sharp mind were some of the first things to attract him, but seeing him do new things, difficult things, things which would ordinarily be supremely hard for anyone else to do...it was a turn on like no other.

Now, his arms were open, always ready for the other half of his heart.

Wei Ying stood up from crouching down and went to him immediately, snuggling closer. His arms wrapped around Lan Zhan’s neck loosely, sharing their first kiss of the evening.

"What are we going to do...my love?" He whispered.

"Mn?"

"About our children." Wei Ying sighed heavily as a warm palm began rubbing his back soothingly.

He melted against the warmth emanating from his Lan Zhan, always such a comfort to him.

"It's nice that Rumi feels confident enough to use other words." He sighed again, closing his eyes.

"I miss 'WingAnLaZhan'." Lan Zhan admitted.

"I'm sure he'll keep saying that." Wei Ying smiled, resting his cheek on Lan Zhan’s shoulder. "But Li XiWang? I'm all sorts of terrified and excited for her. When she was sitting there, telling us she knew about that book....I was so scared. For starters...didn't Bai Hua say she wouldn't do anything until Li XiWang was eighteen? So what's happening?" His voice had become fearful again.

Lan Zhan thought about it.

"Perhaps...it is harder to separate the two. After all...Li XiWang is Bai Hua. They would have the same memories...and after keeping those apart for so long...it is not a stretch to say that whatever is holding them apart is slowly deteriorating. Perhaps the transition will be a more natural one?" He said, quietly.

"As opposed to all together? I suppose you're right. You know, I haven't been thinking about it at all, but that makes the most sense. Rather than on her eighteenth birthday, everything gets dumped on her mind in one go...I'm pretty sure that path could lead to insanity. It's definitely a better way to expose her slowly to all the memories and the life of Bai Hua a little at a time. Otherwise it would be terribly overwhelming. And she's just a kid." He laughed softly.

"Not for much longer." Lan Zhan reminded him.

"She's already so tall. Do you think she'll be taller than me?" Wei Ying asked, proudness leaking in his words.

"Maybe." Lan Zhan did not like making predictions. "Next year she will be twelve. Will receive her spiritual sword then."

"And then she'll be eighteen in no time." Wei Ying moaned. "I want to keep her little and sweet and always like this by our side."

But they both knew, this was impossible.

The seconds ticked by slowly turning into minutes as they became lost in their thoughts.

"One day...she's going to bring someone home...to us. She's going to say that she's fallen in love and wants to marry that person. Do you think anyone is going to be good enough? For our daughter?" Wei Ying smiled when he felt Lan Zhan shake his head.

"No." He reiterated. "I do not want to think about that."

"Neither do I." Wei Ying giggled. "I'm sure you would frighten off any bad candidates. I could put a spell on them..." He began tapping his nose, deep in thought.

Much as Lan Zhan wanted them to do all those things...he knew they would not interfere in anything to do with their daughter's happiness.

But self control was an illusive thing...it would be a shame if anyone they deemed unfit for Li XiWang's hand, ended up in a ditch somewhere...accidentally, of course.

Wei Ying yawned too, distracting him from his thoughts.

"Tired?" He asked, already standing up.

"Exhausted." Wei Ying admitted, yawning so big, he made a noise. "But it's always nice, sitting like this. We belong to each other." He said, sleepily now.

His body always relaxed around Lan Zhan’s, as if it already knew that he did not need to have any defences up; Lan Zhan represented safety, love and warmth, an infallible loyalty that just kept growing stronger.

Lan Zhan was whatever he needed and he knew now, that he was the exact same thing for his Lan Zhan, would be until the end of time.

Lan Zhan lifted him up, smiling at the sleepy man too tired to even open his eyes. His face was flushed pink with sleep, his impossibly long eyelashes curled against the curve of rosy cheeks and his lips...pouting even now, waiting for one last kiss.

Lan Zhan took off his outer robes first before laying him down in their bed.

Eyes still closed, Wei Ying stretched out his arms, making grabby hands at Lan Zhan, impatient to cuddle close.

Lan Zhan slipped off his own robes and the meticulous part of his nature kicked in, making him fold his clothes properly before laying them on Wei Ying’s similarly folded ones.

There was something so heartwarming about seeing their clothes together, one on top of the other, which made his chest feel all kinds of warmth.

As fast as he could, Lan Zhan lay down beside his husband and gathered him close, kissing those eager lips one last time before they both slept.

Lan Zhan did not know what waited for them in the afterlife, but if it was heaven, then it could not get better than this.