Chapter 57 Embarrassment

As Li XiWang does her thing and shoots the mixture into the air, Wei Ying pulls his husband aside, far enough away where no one can overhear him.

"Mn?" Lan Zhan is looking at him curiously, and it's terribly endearing. There's such a sweet, soft affection in his eyes, all for Wei Ying.

Which is kind of bad, considering why Wei Ying has pulled him away from inquisitive ears. And, the subject matter…

"So…I just happened to ask Grandmother what this stuff is…you know, where it came from." Wei Ying whispers in a low voice.

"Mn?" Now Lan Zhan looks really interested, and combined with his curiousness, he looks very hot.

Wei Ying wishes he could kiss him instead of having this conversation. Those golden eyes are mesmerising, the way the sunlight catches them just so, and the way they look like burnished gold, with the tiniest flecks of amber. They remind Wei Ying of the glittering sands in the desert, or a hot day at the beach. Like warm honey…

Lan Zhan smiles, just before he kisses him.

They are married. They are Cultivation Partners, and this is forever.

Wei Ying is his husband, and Lan Zhan reserves the right to kiss him any time he pleases.

Which is right now.

Wei Ying arches into his body, helpless against the onslaught of pleasure which slams through his body with the force of a tidal wave.

Need explodes in the goosebumps all over his body, and Wei Ying moans, taken prisoner by this hottest man, the one who just happens to be his husband. Lan Zhan has memorised all the ways to make Wei Ying into a storm of raging desire, and right now, Wei Ying has forgotten his own name.

Lan Zhan ends with a delicious bite on those kiss-swollen lips, wishing they were alone so he could really show Wei Ying how much he loves him…

"Wei Ying was saying?" Lan Zhan reminds him, supporting him, because Wei Ying’s legs have turned into jelly.

"Huh?" Wei Ying is dazed after that wild kiss.

How can Lan Zhan expect him to do something as hard as thinking, when his brain has turned into soup?

Lan Zhan smiles indulgently at him, loving the way he looks right now. The stars he can see shining in those mysterious, mercurial orbs are brighter than any he's ever seen in the night sky, beguiling in the most innocent way. Wei Ying is like the spark to his tinder, and together, they are ever ready to erupt into unquenchable flames, hellbent on consuming each other.

"Grandmother…?" Lan Zhan gives him a prompt, wondering if he can squeeze in another kiss. Maybe he should wait until Wei Ying finishes talking…though it cannot possibly be more important than what he wants to do to Wei Ying…maybe they can ditch everyone for about five minutes…later.

"Oh…oh, my God, yes!" Wei Ying scrambles to a fully upright position, his hands clutching Lan Zhan’s sleeves in desperation. He has recalled why he wanted to talk to Lan Zhan in the first place. "So…um, I asked her what the white liquid is, the one in the white vial, that we've been using to cure people…"

"Mn?" Lan Zhan should be forgiven for only half listening. His mind is otherwise occupied with thoughts of his Wei Ying, and other….activities…

"Well, she said that it comes from the Goddess Chang'e's Lake, the one that cured me when we last visited. Do you remember, my love?" Wei Ying searches his eyes, hoping for the recognition to appear.

But Lan Zhan is definitely thinking about something else…

"Lan Zhan! Pay attention! This is important!" Wei Ying hisses, because it looks like someone is getting closer to them, probably wanting to ask them a silly question.

He can see them attempting to sidle closer, behind Lan Zhan’s back, and his frustration at not being able to talk to his husband in private, and (definitely why the heck won't Lan Zhan get it?) it's making him short-tempered, because he glares at the person, who scurries away faster than a cockroach.

Wei Ying’s eyes flash a dangerous red colour, and that's it.

Lan Zhan gives up, slamming their lips together in a frenzied attack. The taste of his Wei Ying is like eating ice cream on a hot summer's day, the coolness sliding down his throat like a dream.

The thrill of the chase is just as addictive as the euphoria of finding something special, and Lan Zhan has everything he wants in his arms, right here. Wei Ying tries to untangle himself from his husband's clutches, but as he gasps in surprise, Lan Zhan dives in, licking into his mouth.

Wei Ying sees stars.

They're exploding in his mind as their tongues dance together in a fiery song of love.

What was he talking about again?

It was really important…wasn't it?

"You're so beautiful, my love." Wei Ying says, his brain completely fried.

Lan Zhan huffs out a small laugh.

"Wei Ying is more beautifuller." He insists proudly.

They turn around and walk back to where Li XiWang and Rumi are waiting, having successfully cleared all the red fungus from the plants stretching out as far as the eye can see.

Li XiWang is about to dip her finger into one of the buckets, and Wei Ying screams out a warning, as he lets go of Lan Zhan and runs up to her instead, out of breath.

"Mn?" She asks, innocently. "Why can't I touch that, father?" Her burgundy eyes are wide with fear.

Wei Ying stares back, his mind utterly blank. He glances at Lan Zhan, trying to think of a child-friendly and plausible explanation…and comes back with…nothing!

She's still looking at him expectantly, patiently waiting for an answer.

"Because….because that's holy. You can't waste it or contaminate it!" A nervous laugh explodes out of Wei Ying’s mouth.

"Mn?" This is Lan Zhan, the sabotage extraordinaire.

He has absolutely no right to ask questions right now.

"So, as I was saying, this," he points to the bucket, "comes from there." He points up.

Lan Zhan still has a blank look on his face.

"You know, that pool. The one that Goddess Chang'e made us go into. Where we came." Wei Ying emphasises.

Thankfully, Li XiWang is looking clueless about where this conversation is going.

"You know, because you said it was white…" Wei Ying isn't sure how much clearer he can be.

Luckily, the light goes off in Lan Zhan’s head, and his beautiful golden eyes widen in shock.

He looks at Li XiWang, and then the bucket…and makes a face.

"You should listen to your father." He says quickly, guilt flashing on his face.

"Yes, absolutely! You should listen to me. After all, listening to him got us here." Wei Ying sighs.