Chapter 101 Preparations

It was a beautiful day outside, when they closed the door of the Jingshi and stepped outside with Rumi and Li XiWang walking hand in hand in front of them.

Wei Ying pressed a warm kiss on Lan Zhan's cheek, linking their arms and sauntering at a leisurely pace towards the library. He was aware that Lan Zhan was walking on eggshells around him, and the only way to cure him of this would be demonstrating that Wei Ying was fine.

In fact, he planned on doing much more than that, thoroughly driving home his point so that Lan Zhan didn't even dally with molly-coddling him any more. He was a strong cultivator now, with a powerful white core, even stronger than his old one.

Sure, there were times when he missed it, because contrary to popular belief, one's golden core held a part of his personality deep within it, and where it was now, that personality was buried under layers of anger, Jiang Cheng's go-to first response. But if there was one thing within himself that refused to die, it was his indomitable spirit.

And it was high time that people found out about it.

Today was going to be full of surprises, most of all showing people that they shouldn't underestimate him in any way. This was thought, not out of being arrogant but more to stop people from worrying about him.

He needed to do this.

It was about time to set the record straight on many things, starting with the disrespect that other clans had shown to his husband, making offers of marriage that were laughably ridiculous, especially when his Lan Zhan was already taken. Wei Ying intended to show them exactly how much he was taken, today.

The smallest voice of reason echoes in his mind: Lan Zhan was single at the time, but he squashes it away with irritation. This was going to be some harmless fun.

"Is Wei Ying alright?" Lan Zhan asks him, concerned.

"Yes, I'm absolutely peachy!" Wei Ying pauses to kiss his cheek again, and Lan Zhan turns his face at the last minute to catch his lips in a scorching kiss.

The speed with which they can go from sweet to seconds-away-from-Papapa is mind-boggling. Wei Ying is clutching his white robes in desperation, little tiny whimpers leaving his mouth as Lan Zhan wraps his arms around him and deepens this kiss even further.

Their cores rejoice in this oneness, a recognition of each other as part of themselves. Love, strong, steady and true, erupts through their bodies, the thrill of this joining of their lips incredible and so, so right.

Wei Ying is vibrating with his excitement, feeling Lan Zhan trembling under his hands. It's good to know that he's just as much affected by these kisses as Wei Ying is.

When they part, they are both dazed with the magnitude of their connection, and they hear Li XiWang say with irritation, "they're just outside, KISSING!" She yells that last part, and Wei Ying knows she's probably rolling her eyes as well.

"Just you wait until you fall in love, young lady!" He yells back.

Lan Zhan looks both angry and disgusted about that. Wei Ying knows that as her father, he's not looking forward to that at all.

Oh, well...

They enter the library and are surprised by the addition of Nie Huaisang, who is pacing directly behind an embarrassed XiChen and a determined Jiang Cheng, the latter looking towards the door with impatient glaring.

"It's about time!" He tells his brother, who skips towards him as if he's done nothing wrong.

"What? We're on time!" Wei Ying protests his innocence.