Chapter 94 Ramblings

Wei Ying woke up feeling strangely energised.

There were two things wrong in that sentence and he wondered at it: the fact that he woke up at all, of his own volition when everyone knew he had a terrible time of it before noon, even before the whole sleeping too much thing and changing into dragons for real. And number two was the energised bit.

But he didn't want to wake Lan Zhan yet.

Lan Zhan's face was serenely beautiful in a way that his awake face was not; unguarded and relaxed that was a state seemingly impossible to maintain during the day when he was awake.

His thick lashes were dark and curled against the curve of his pale cheeks, the bridge of his nose elegant and straight, his pudgy soft cheeks so squishable and cute, and those lovely plump lips, a graceful bow.

Lan Zhan was a work of art and completely his, in the same way that Wei Ying was his. A belonging not in a possessive way but more nurturing, making sure the other was happiest, as much as possible.

Wei Ying could imagine his beautiful golden eyes, so intense and direct, reflecting every emotion Lan Zhan felt like dappled sunlight on the surface of a lake. He wanted to kiss him so badly but then Lan Zhan would probably wake up and something about that bothered Wei Ying.

It was alright if Lan Zhan woke up by himself because that was natural, but it didn't feel right to wake him up on purpose.

"Your thoughts are loud." Lan Zhan says, his voice hoarse from not speaking for so long.

One amber eye opens to look at Wei Ying.

"Oh...I didn't mean to wake you, my love." Wei Ying snuggles closer, seeking his warmth.

"It was not Wei Ying's fault. It seems I am highly attuned to your heartbeats. My waking up was gradual." Lan Zhan assures him.

Wei Ying feels the press of warm lips on his head, and he smiles.

This is his person, wholly and complete, and there is definitely something to be said about that.

"Nightmares?" Lan Zhan asks him.

They had lessened over the years now, but the few odd bad nights still occurred now and then.

"No...I am just as much as you, at a loss to explain it." Wei Ying sighs. "But I have a few questions for you, my love."

"Mn. Ask away."

"Well, would you agree that you are mine to protect?"

Lan Zhan's arms automatically tighten around his relaxed body, somehow finding a way to hold him even closer.

"Yes. Is there a threat?" His words might be lightly said, but the meaning behind them was not.

"Not the kind you mean. But, would you say ours is the kind of marriage where I would have to do whatever you said?"

Lan Zhan flipped them over so fast, Wei Ying was momentarily dizzy.

"No. Perhaps the other way around, and more of a willingness than a duty." His lips began kissing a path that started just under Wei Ying's ear, a spot where he was particularly sensitive, and true enough, Lan Zhan managed to get a full body shudder out of him.

Wei Ying continued as best as he could, but Lan Zhan's mouth was adept and demonstrative beyond normal capabilities. Still, he was going to try.

"So, are you saying you would trust me? Like, with whatever I wanted?" His delight is cut short by a dragging gasp as Lan Zhan's teeth find his favourite spot, the hollow between his collarbone and his neck.

"Mn. Ask and see if I would refuse you anything." Lan Zhan pauses to say this, but he's upset because this was an interruption in his ministrations.

"Really? But you know, I'm the fearsome Yiling Patriarch! Even then?" Wei Ying lets his bright silver eyes flash red for a few seconds, just to add weight to his words.

Lan Zhan's growl has him trembling with anticipation, a shiver born from need.

He's about to lunge forward and make Wei Ying forget whatever he's talking about, when Wei Ying gets the brilliant idea of trying to stop him by covering his mouth. He's already panting, and he knows it's just a matter of time, nay, seconds before he's forced to give up whatever this is.

Lan Zhan has already begun nibbling on his fingers, and it's not exactly unpleasant...

"What if we could kill two birds with one stone?"

"Killing is forbidden in Cloud Recesses," he's told firmly.

"Well yes, but metaphorically?"

"Metaphorically?"

"Yes. If we could teleport wherever we want to go, and do two jobs at the same time, would you be amenable to that?"

Lan Zhan's nod momentarily distracts him enough that Lan Zhan takes advantage of it with a noticeable speed, so fast that Wei Ying doesn't even know he's lost until his wrists are caught in a vice, held way above his head.

Last night, they were too exhausted to dress before falling asleep, and Lan Zhan preferred this, when there were no hindrances to his worshipping Wei Ying's body as it should be.

Wei Ying was about to ask another ludicrous question when Lan Zhan glared at him, unconsciously lighting the flames of Wei Ying's desire. He even moved his hips, and the resulting friction pulled another moan from his naughty husband.

Soft and warm, and so, so tempting, but if Wei Ying attempted to distract him again, Lan Zhan was going to multitask with a vengeance.

"Lan Zh- mphrf"

Lan Zhan's patience snaps and he captures Wei Ying's lips in a brutal kiss, conquering his protests with his hands, his body and his mouth.

If this was the only way...

Wei Ying gave up. He still had another day left, and it was only a matter of time...he was definitely wearing Lan Zhan down...right?

**********

Dear Beautiful Readers,

Can you guess what Wei Ying wants to do? I sure hope so!

Charlie