Chapter 50 Assurance

Up on the Celestial home of the Immortal, Baoshan Sanren, the mountain lit up in a blaze of glory. White light glowing brilliantly, so bright that it blinded everyone momentarily and then, there were twelve Immortal warriors standing before them.

"Now, that's an entrance!" Hui Gai murmured to Wei Ying, licking his lips. "You could learn something." He says to Zago, who suddenly materialises next to him.

"I could!" She agrees, dramatically. "But I haven't been paid in such a long time, I've forgotten how to do my job!" She replies snarkily.

"The grouchy one is back to normal. You'll get payment soon. He might even make the best ones…" Hui Gai encourages her, referring to Jiang Cheng.

After all, employee satisfaction was a priority for him. And he had learned from the best.

"Seeing is believing…." She snipes back, clearly unamused.

"Grandmother!" Wei Ying hugs her warmly. "Are you ready now?"

Baoshan Sanren takes a moment to hug him back fiercely, breathing in his unique scent of lotus flowers and wine.

"You….smell like my daughter." She says in wonder, leaning back to take in his expression.

"I do?" Wei Ying asks, both happy and mirroring her amazement.

"Yes…but not exactly? It's as if your fragrance is…concentrated. More…?" She tries to explain.

"Wei Ying is wonderful." Lan Zhan agrees, stealthily sliding an arm around his waist and standing next to his beloved husband.

His lips find the softest part of his temple and rest there, a kiss of tender loving.

"I think the more important question here is, are you ready?" Baoshan Sanren lets go of him reluctantly.

"Yes." He answers immediately, eyes flashing red and hard.

"Then, what are we waiting for?" She grins back at him, full of approval.

***************

They teleport back to Lotus Pier.

There's a shout and suddenly Jiang Cheng has his arms wrapped around Wei Ying’s body, a full on hug that seems to last a long time. Wei Ying hugs him back, knowing that there's no need for words now.

Words always made things awkward between them…and why waste time when they could say everything they wanted to, like this?

Both their eyes are wet as they separate, throats thick with words that want to be released, but are trapped forever.

Jiang Cheng pats his shoulder in the most awkward show of approval ever and steps back, pinching the moisture away from his purple eyes. XiChen is next to hug him.

"A-Xian….how are you feeling?" He asks, full of concern.

"Angry." Wei Ying tells him honestly.

"Understandably." XiChen replies, nodding. "This was an unexpected, unwarranted attack on our family, and we need to send a message." He smiles at Wei Ying’s curt nod.

"We are here, but out of sight." Baoshan Sanren tells Wei Ying. "Be careful. She's not as harmless as she looks."

"Once the children are back in our hands safely, unleash hell." Wei Ying commands.

Technically, she's older and more experienced, but she knows where he's coming from, and the reason for his tone. So she simply nods and then disappears, along with the other eleven Celestial Warriors.

XiChen hugs Lan Zhan.

They don't normally hug… or express any emotions outwardly, usually.

But today is a special day. XiChen knows Lan Zhan would do anything for Wei Ying, regularly does everything for his husband… but he can see the barely hidden guilt floating in those golden eyes.

"It's not your fault, Didi. Please believe that." He assures his younger brother.

Lan Zhan tilts his head, an acknowledgment of his words. But inside, he knows that only one thing can make him feel better now: his children back safely in his arms and adequate punishment for the criminal responsible.

"We're here too, but invisible." Hui Gai tells Wei Ying with a smirk. "Though there is something I wish to clarify…"

"What?" Wei Ying asks, after hugging him.

"Well, what exactly are we gonna do? I thought the Celestial Warriors a.k.a. your grandmother's homies were supposed to catch the Flower Demon alive…and obviously they haven't…so what's the plan now?" He says, his eyes glinting with banked rage, ready to unleash upon the escaped Demon when she turned up.

"To be absolutely honest with you…I haven't thought that far ahead." Wei Ying admits. "We don't know what my grandmother wants, but I think I'm not going to feel guilty for her death….if it comes to that." It feels refreshing for him to admit to this.

Hui Gai nods and vanishes.

"When are you going to make my lollipops?" A voice says in Jiang Cheng's ear.

It's close enough to make him jump, and he's startled as Zago appears suddenly.

She's taller than him, a formidable woman who looks as fierce as a deadly warrior, asking him about…candy.

A lot has happened to Jiang Cheng in these past few months, and he must be forgiven if he looks baffled at her request.

"Don't tell me you have forgotten?" She scowls at him. "You promised to help your brother!" She stomps closer.

"Don't worry, we're putting our heads together and researching recipes." XiChen tells her bravely. He gives Jiang Cheng's hand a squeeze, joined and hidden under their long sleeved robes.

"I'm watching you two." Zago makes a scissor sign, pointing at her eyes first, and then at them both.

And then she vanishes with a cackle that echoes in the empty space she left.

"You don’t think you overdid it?" Hui Gai grins at her when she returns to his side.

Zago merely shrugs.

Wei Ying brings out the JingLing. He only has to rub it…and then his silvery eyes find golden ones full of determination.

"She's here."

************

Dear Fabulous Readers,

This chapter is a belated Happy birthday wish for @SweetieZeria

I hope you had a great day yesterday and I hope you like your gift!!!

💙🍫🍫🍫🍫

Charlie