Chapter 98 Yaogui

Lan Zhan burst into the basement behind them, and he saw Wei Ying pull their son out of the way from a chair aimed at him, splintering into wreckage upon impact with the wall. And then, before he can do anything to warn Wei Ying, he sees the raging spirit, angry, volatile and in a murderous fury barrelling towards his precious husband.

WangJi is summoned in a split second, but it's too late!

Lan Zhan is too far away to do anything except watch.

"WEI YING!" The cry is wrenched from his lips against his will.

The vengeful spirit slams into Wei Ying's body with the force of a hurricane, and to his credit, he only stumbles backwards and manages to remain on his feet. He turns around, his eyes closed.

But when they snap open a few moments later, they are redder than any ruby Lan Zhan has ever seen.

The children gasp, shocked at this terrible turn of events, and Lan Zhan pulls them all out of the way, just in time because Wei Ying flies past them, taking on the emotions of whatever has possessed him.

He breaks out of the front door where the noble's son has resumed pacing, and it's like he knows, this isn't Wei Ying any more, it's not a cultivator from Gusu coming towards him.

His eyes are blood red, and he looks like he's going to kill the man in front of him.

Lan Zhan bursts out right behind him, and he has to take a moment, just to admire him.

Wei Ying is simply glorious to look at.

His black robes flap around his ankles as he walks, each step measured and chosen. Resentment energy swirls around his wrists, at his fingertips ready to strike whenever Wei Ying commands it. His inky black hair flutters, tangled in his red ribbon, and the man exudes power like pent-up storm ready to unleash hell.

"W-what d-d-do y-you w-want?" It's barely a cry as he backs away, terrified.

The maid servant drops her tray and there's a crash as the expensive porcelain hits the ground, smashing into smithereens.

It is ignored.

Wei Ying stalks his prey.

Weighted steps, one after another, chilling and exact.

His finger is aimed at the young man in front of him.

"YOU KILLED ME!" It is a screech that has come from the depths of one's soul.

Definitely a higher tone than Wei Ying's normal voice, and so much more frightening.

Lan Zhan can feel goosebumps breaking out all over his skin.

The children are huddled behind him, and who can blame them? This moment seems suspended in time, a terrible wreaking of justice about to be played out.

The noble's son glances at the people behind Wei Ying, his eyes pleading with them for some kind of intervention, to save him.

But not one of them moves.

Lan Zhan isn't exactly sure what's going on, but he knows that a fight is being fought in that single body walking away from him now. Wei Ying is controlling the vicious spirit even as he is giving them a voice. The ability to demand an answer, to expose a certain crime.

The truth of what happened here, between the two of them.

The noble's son is still backing away, albeit slowly. His eyes have glazed over and then he stumbles, crashing to the ground. His scramble, still on his backside, is like a wounded animal. Small cries leave his mouth.