Chapter 34 Celebration

They come out of the caravan and XiChen lifts Jiang Cheng into his arms. Feng Li Pao is hovering as they climb down the rickety steps and Wei Ying heaves a sigh of relief.

"I can walk, Huan." Jiang Cheng says softly.

Hearing his voice after so long makes tears come into XiChen's eyes, and he hugs Jiang Cheng close.

While they are having their moment, Wei Ying looks up at the sudden shifting of the breeze; and automatically lifts up his arm.

That's where the barred owl flies to because it has followed them out.

Wei Ying strokes its head feeling awed as its brown, almost black eyes appraise him. Wei Ying can see himself in the reflection and to him, the owl seems as if it is leaning into his touch. There was a sound coming from its throat.

"Do you want to come with us, my beauty?" Wei Ying croons in delight.

An arm wraps around his waist and Wei Ying shows off the bird to Lan Zhan, who merely glances at it before returning to stare deeply at Wei Ying.

"Shall we return to Lotus Pier?" XiChen says.

He has transferred Jiang Cheng over to his back.

"That would be a great idea." Feng Li Pao says eagerly. "I also need to talk to the Sect Leader...after he has rested." He adds after receiving an icy smile from XiChen.

"Tomorrow." XiChen insists.

Wei Ying glances in their direction.

Jiang Cheng looks tired but otherwise alright. Maybe the fairy was right, perhaps it is only fatigue.

All around them, the carnival people are packing up their wares and closing for the night.

"I didn't think it was so late." Wei Ying remarks, looking around.

"We can come back tomorrow with the children." Lan Zhan says in his ear.

Wei Ying shivers in surprise. No matter how long they gave been together, whenever Lan Zhan does something unexpected, it never fails to make him giddy. He smiles up at his husband, wondering how on earth he is so fortunate as this.

"So..." Jiang Cheng clears his throat noisily and looks pointedly at the Immortals who can teleport.

But just as Wei Ying goes to take XiChen's hand, there's a crash of wooden crates nearby and as they turn to look, it's the piggy running towards them as fast as his little legs can carry him.

"Ke-ai!" XiChen shouts excitedly and then quickly crouches and reduces his volume bashfully.

The piggy jumps up into his arms and there are many kisses and proclamations of love.

SniZidian hisses wildly and Jiang Cheng groans under his breath.

But XiChen looks far too happy for him to say anything negative.

"If we're all ready then...?" Wei Ying stifles a giggle and they all hold hands.

The Owl transfers itself to Wei Ying’s shoulder.

Thanks to his newfound strength, it doesn't hurt and Wei Ying doesn't feel its weight, and in the blink of an eye, they are back in Lotus Pier.

Cheers erupt all around them as Wei Ying has brought Jiang Cheng to the training ground where his disciples are going through sword forms and combat moves.

There are cries of, "banquet! Banquet!" And pats on Jiang Cheng's back as he rolls his eyes and asks for silence by raising one hand.

The excited students, young and old, suddenly go quiet and bow to him.