Chapter 68 Drunk

Zhangui tipped the rest of the Emperor's Smile down his throat, straight from the jar, and because now Wei Ying wasn't sure he wanted to share any more, Zhangui got started on the Huami.

Wei Ying decided to have one cup, because the last time he drank this, nothing much had happened to him, just a pleasant buzz but nothing to write home about.

However, those irresponsible fairies had given some to Lan Zhan and possibly to Li XiWang too, and the consequences resulted in a hangover the next day.

As Zhangui poured him a second cup of Huami, Wei Ying reflected that there was much to be grateful about: one, these two were still here where he could keep an eye on them, though he knew he still wanted to discuss Lan Zhan's avoidance tactics later, when he was sober, and two, Zhangui could piss off back to heaven and that'd be one less person to fret about.

Although having said that, Wei Ying thought yelling at Lan Zhan tomorrow at the top of his lungs might be a better punishment...his head would be hurting, and it would be a lesson he wouldn't forget in a hurry...

He sighed, as Zhangui finished one jar of Huami and opened the second.

Lan Zhan chose that moment to wake up and stare blearily at Wei Ying, unblinking.

"Thirsty..." he said, grabbing Wei Ying's cup.

It was swallowed down as if Lan Zhan was a fish.

Wei Ying was still staring in disbelief, first at Lan Zhan, and then his cup.

Lan Zhan's tolerance levels had certainly gone up, because he didn't pass out this second time, just looked very dazed and out of it.

And then he stood up.

Wei Ying tugged on his sleeve, and Lan Zhan frowned, pouting.

"Sit down. Where are you going?" Wei Ying said, quickly.

"Out there. Must find husband." Lan Zhan said.

"What?" Wei Ying stood up, too. "What do you mean? Whose husband?"

Lan Zhan pointed at himself.

"But...Lan Zhan, I'm right here!" Wei Ying said, tugging on his sleeve again.

Lan Zhan snatched his sleeve away so Wei Ying couldn't touch it.

"No touch. Only husband." He said, frowning even deeper.

"Heesh dwunk..." Zhangui slurs, reaching for the last drops of Huami.

He also stands up.

Wei Ying isn't sure what's going on, but when he hears what they say next, he's kind of terrified...

"I'm guesht...want tour..." Zhangui says, poking himself in his chest.

Lan Zhan appears to be thinking about it.

"Mn. This way." He says, and he's out of the Jingshi before Wei Ying has twigged on what's going on.

Wei Ying chases after Lan Zhan, because he couldn't care less about Zhangui, but he doesn't want Lan Zhan to incur a punishment that isn't his fault. Sort of...he did kind of drink on purpose...and by rights, Wei Ying should just let him suffer the consequences...but he's never been able to resist a drunk way-too-cute Lan Zhan, and this one is already pouting....

His protective side flares once more when he goes outside, and they're nowhere to be seen; how the heck are they so fast? Even inebriated??

Now what?

Wei Ying runs in the direction of the Great Hall, hoping that's where Lan Zhan has thought of taking Zhangui.

But then he remembers that Lan Zhan doesn't particularly like Zhangui...and in that case...he knows exactly where they are...

Sure enough...while they're not at the Discipline Wall, there's clear evidence that both have been there...

Wei Ying is aghast...

This is bad...really bad...

"Someone" has carved a huge heart right in the centre, complete with an arrow...and now the characters for his name and Lan Zhan's name are engraved there.

How is he ever going to explain this?? To anyone?

Wei Ying thinks quickly, and then he pulls out a cloaking talisman, the kind he and Lan Zhan used when they went to the Nether World. Hopefully, no one would notice...at least not while he's trying to do damage control...

***********

Lan Zhan loses interest in the wall and he really wants to ditch the guy he's taking on a tour; he's not Wei Ying, and all Lan Zhan wants is to find him.

Luckily, he spots Uncle Qiren walking rather fast, back to his own quarters. And he decides that Uncle Qiren would be the best person to ask about missing, naughty husband's...so Lan Zhan runs after him.

The Moon Tree waves at him as Lan Zhan hurries past, but he hasn't got time to stop today, he thinks. He waves back and taps on Uncle Qiren's door. Lan Zhan thinks he heard a positive answer, so he enters.

The room is shrouded in darkness and he can see a shape on the bed. That must be Uncle Qiren...he thinks, enthusiastically.

Uncle Qiren is fast asleep.

Lan Zhan thinks that's a good thing.

He thinks Uncle Qiren is a lonely man...and wouldn't it be great if he got married? Then he would not have time to meddle...and if he had someone other than Wei Ying to talk to, that would be even better...

But the problem is, no lady wants to marry a man with a porcupine on his face...

So Lan Zhan thinks about what he should do, to help Uncle Qiren, of course.

*************

By this time, Wei Ying has done a tour around Cloud Recesses. How is it possible to lose two grown men? He's exhausted and quite annoyed at his husband...

He's not-running towards the back hills where the bunnies are, when Wei Ying hears a commotion. He changes direction and sprints towards the noise, almost a hundred percent sure that one or both of his charges are responsible...and he's not wrong.

It's Lan Zhan.

And he's taking off all his clothes.

In public.

"What the fuck are you doing?" An outraged and familiar voice yells.

Uh oh...

Jiang Cheng has covered his eyes and is shouting at Lan Zhan, who doesn't care.

"I got this, Cheng Cheng!" Wei Ying says, running towards Lan Zhan, who is now fully immersed inside the Fountain of Joy, a recent new addition to the forecourt of the Great Hall...

"Did you have something to do with him being like that?" Jiang Cheng looks murderous.

"Nope!" Wei Ying lies and breezes past.

Lan Zhan really did get into the Fountain...completely starkers.

No clothes...

Birthday suit...

Wei Ying cannot think.

On the one hand, his arrival and that of Jiang Cheng removed any spectators, and he doesn't think anyone saw anything...hopefully...

Jiang Cheng came back - when had he gone? - and flung a bunch of white towels at Wei Ying's head.

"You better get him outta there!" He warns, before Lan Zhan can flash him again.

"Right! On it!" Wei Ying says...or thinks...or something...