Chapter 117 Welcomed

To be fair, Wei Ying can't blame Mu Shan Xie for his reaction.

It's because of what Hui Gai had done to the villagers of Piao Xue in their absence.

Each person in the crowd is suspended in a clear bubble of protection designed to stop them from hurting each other as well as themselves. They're not loose inside these bubbles either, somehow fixed in a starfish position and unable to move.

Meanwhile, Hui Gai and Zago are playing a game with them, standing on opposite ends and kicking the bubbles towards each other.

They're having fun.

The people inside the bubbles? Not so much.

Wei Ying waves at them to catch their attention.

XiChen is fanning his uncle with a fan that Huaisang has helpfully shared, and he seems to have more up his sleeves, because he produces another one for himself.

Hui Gai beams at Wei Ying as soon as he sees them.

"PengYou!" And immediately, Wei Ying is enfolded into the warmest hug ever.

Hui Gai shoots out his hand and pulls Lan Zhan into this group hug, and they stand like that for more than a few minutes.

Mu Shan Xie has passed out.

Wei Ying glances between him and the villagers, worrying that they'll think their member was harmed by them somehow, but Hui Gai is quick to assure him otherwise.

"Zago and I might have been talking, while we were playing," he says, confidently, rubbing his nose.

Zago comes to stand by them, grinning.

"That was fun. Where's my lollipop?" She turns to Jiang Cheng.

"What's the magic word?" He mutters, fishing one out and pausing before he gives it to her.

"Where's-my-lollipop-before-I-kill-you?"

Jiang Cheng scowls and gives it to her quickly.

Wei Ying giggles and gestures towards the villagers still trapped inside their clear but pretty confinements.

"Okay, okay, PengYou. But I want you to know, this was fun. Maybe we can make it more interesting..." he snaps his fingers and the villagers float to the ground before the bubbles disappear, freeing them.

The cries and shouting are loud enough to wake Mu Shan Xie, who jerks up from XiChen's arms and quickly appraises the situation.

"Wait! Wait, let's have some calm. As you can see, I am unharmed!"

He raises his voice so he can be heard.

The crowd is more than a little vocal in return:

"That's easy for HIM to say! What about us?"

"I'm still spinning in my head!"

"Oh no, they're back!"

"Please don't leave your demons here!"

"Isn't there a rule about taking your belongings with you...?"

The village speaker holds up his hands as well, asking for peace and quiet.

Then, Mu Shan Xie addresses all of them.

"All you need to know is that I am their JiuJiu, and they are my nephews. In the future, if they decide to come and visit me, I expect a much warmer welcome for them." The warning is clear in his tone.

It has the desired effect of the crowd, however disgruntled, dispersing slowly, though more than a few suspicious looks are thrown towards Lan Zhan and XiChen.