Chapter 102 Points

"Before we go anywhere, I want my lollipops," Zago demands, towering over Jiang Cheng.

"Please." Hui Gai says, thinking about manners.

"What?" Zago is a little mystified.

"In the human world, if you want something, you have to add that," he explains.

"Why?"

"Dunno." Hui Gai turns to Wei Ying for help. "Why?" He inquires.

"It's polite. The person you're asking gets happy," Wei Ying says.

Both he and Hui Gai turn to look at Jiang Cheng.

"It's not working." Lan Zhan observes, stating the obvious.

The cloud above Jiang Cheng darkens even further.

"Maybe it's how you say it?" Hui Gai speculates, going up to Jiang Cheng and poking his cheek, trying to manually change his expression.

XiChen gets in between them quickly after that, and they agree to fetch Zago's lollipops while Wei Ying and Lan Zhan gather the Baby Lans for the road trip.

"Do you think we can teleport that many, Hui Gai?" Wei Ying asks him, on the way to the training ground.

"Sure, why not?"

"Well, what's the maximum number of people you've ever teleported?"

"Last time you asked me that, it was twenty. But I hadn't learned my name then." Hui Gai pulls out Chuo. "Turn into a carpet." He says, and it does. It floats just in front of them all the way to the fields where lots of Baby Lans are learning how to navigate flying on swords.

"How is a carpet going to help?" Li XiWang asks him, and he swoops in to pick her up.

"Little Rabbit, I've really missed you!" He says, excitedly. "And that's easy. We just need them," he eyes the children and they've just noticed him back, "to get on it, and stay on it."

"A talisman should help with that, right?" Wei Ying suggests. He pulls out a few papers and shows Lan Zhan what he means.

A few tweaks later, and they're ready.

"Who wants to come with us?" Wei Ying calls out, beaming at the twelve year olds.

They're all mini Lan Zhans and he thinks they're soooo cute!

Children are notoriously braver than adults, believing they are invincible because they don't know otherwise, not tainted by the illusion of boundaries and real life, and the Lan Babies are no different. They jump at the chance to leave Cloud Recesses.

That alone would have been cause for celebration, but they're going with the Yiling Patriarch and Hanguang-Jun, and they can barely hold in their excitement. Wei Ying is far too busy watching his husband with the softest look upon his face.

They've always connected better with kids than adults, but Wei Ying supposes this is because it's before they turn into assholes.

"What is it that changes these sweet things, from decent human beings just starting out on their life journey, to say...Sect Leader Yao?" He muses, thinking aloud. "It must be a combination of upbringing, and circumstances. Everyone reacts differently, though."

"Personality plays a big part. And the examples they adhere to while in their formative years. Sect Leader Yao is the exception to the rule." Lan Zhan says that so seriously.

Wei Ying looks at him for a full twenty seconds before bursting into loud laughter.

"You're so funny, my love."