Chapter 48 Unrepentant

Trigger Warning: death and killing mentioned briefly. Please skip this chapter if you are disturbed by any of that.

***********

Li XiWang was shocked.

"Resentment energy can do that?" She asked. "And you really can't die?"

"I really can't die. And I'm living proof." EmoHua says, more than a little bit proud.

"Okay...so you turned into this...and then what did you do?"

"Are you sure you want to know, little girl? My story isn't for the faint hearted." EmoHua warned her.

Li XiWang thought about it.

What the Flower Demon was telling her...she knew she should listen. But she felt alright up until now....

"I would prefer to know the truth." Li XiWang says. She cannot help but remember her fathers right now.

"Very well. But I will not be responsible for how you feel, afterwards." EmoHua says.

There is a flickering of something...in those red eyes.

They are the same colour as Hui Gai's eyes...and yet what a difference!

Hui Gai is always kind...especially to Li XiWang.

But these scarlet eyes are cold and perhaps, still angry.

"Please continue." Li XiWang tells her.

"I came back like this. A Demon. Still beautiful...but so much wiser and less naive. And because I still had my memories...I became extremely angry. There was no limit to my fury; it became like an unquenchable fire, burning me from the inside. I needed blood...no...I needed HIS blood."

Cold fury glistened in those eyes.

Li XiWang didn't want to ask...she could guess at what happened...and luckily, she didn't have to say anything.

EmoHua continued, by herself.

"I sought out that sorry excuse of a lowlife first, and while I ripped out his guts, I asked him questions. It turns out, JingLings cannot force people to love someone. So he did the next best thing...for him. He asked for a potion which would make the drinker want to indulge in the pleasures of the flesh, and when it wore off, the drinker would have no recollection of what had happened. That's what that lying toe rag made me drink in the tea. Don't worry, I made it fast." She licked her lips, remembering.

"What a bad man!" Li XiWang murmured.

"Oh...that was nothing. I'm just getting started." She cackled once more.

To Li XiWang, it sounded pitiful.

"His father walked in when I was trying to destroy the JingLing. He took one look at his son, and he scarpered, taking the JingLing with him. I was still getting used to my powers, and I had other fish to fry. So I let him go...then." EmoHua looked ... pensive.

Li XiWang was surprised at herself. She felt no remorse upon hearing that the terrible man was dead. It didn't feel like enough, though. He had ruined this beautiful lady's life, and caused her to kill herself...was there no justice for her?

How could those people get away with making EmoHua feel bad? Li XiWang knew there was more to come, so she remained silent for now.

"Next...I went to my fiancé's home. Out of all of them...I wanted him to pay the most." EmoHua licks her lips. "This man promised me forever, he promised me everything.... and when the time came for him to actually step up and look after me, what did he do? He abandoned me. And his family?" She spat on the floor. "Worthless waste of space." She added, bitterly. "So I tied him up and made him watch as I slaughtered every single one of his people. Him...I saved to the last. I wanted him to know that I held him accountable for every promise he broke to me. I made his death the most painful, too."

Li XiWang did not agree with her actions.

And she knew her fathers would have felt the same. There was no excuse for taking innocent lives, and the family definitely could be classed under that banner. They had not contributed to the actual attack, however they could have handled it better.

Li XiWang decided to not say anything for now. It seemed like the most prudent course of action.

"But even after I killed all those people, I was still seething. Still angry. I was thirsty for blood. So I went to the people who should have helped me the most, but instead told me I was someone else's treasure! Can you believe that? They made me the most angry! My own family didn't want anything to do with me! I was livid. How dare they make me feel that way? So I taught them a lesson too. I killed them all, even my brother, his wife...and I found out later, she was expecting. Their precious line ended that day."

EmoHua suddenly cleared the ledge of everything. All the crystal balls rolled onto the floor, while a cruel smile lit up her face. She began to pace.

"I was still angry. When I died, I was wearing a garland of lotus flowers...ironically one made by my fiancé's family. My hatred grew into that fungus, and I discovered that I could obliterate thousands of li filled with lotus flowers. I wanted to remove all trace of that family, what they did to me. And that's why I started destroying all the crops of that particular flower. And... another thing that bothered me, was the JingLings. I never wanted another to feel the sort of pain I had to go through. Those JingLings were irresponsible, and just as much to blame as the ones who caste their wishes into the Universe.

"So I started hunting them down. As you can see...I'm quite good, if I say so myself." She finished excitedly, her crimson eyes glittering with anticipation. "And then, one day, they caught me. Threw me into the Nether World. But by then, I was too powerful, and I broke out. I continued to hunt down all JingLings...and I erased their memories, rendering them incapable of fulfilling any wishes."

"You can't control everything!" Li XiWang said, her chest heaving. This Demon was out of control.

"Want to bet?"