Chapter 109 Lanling

When they return to Baling, Jiang Cheng's face is matching his robes in a split second, and he's marching towards Wei Ying with a scowl on his face.

XiChen is politely nodding along to whatever Ouyang Zhongzu is saying, and they're out of hearing range when Jiang Cheng whisper-hisses at Wei Ying.

"You little sh-"

Lan Zhan's mastery of the silencing spell is phenomenal and in seconds, Jiang Cheng fluctuates between red and purple as his rage grows. Meanwhile, Wei Ying, who had been pulled behind Lan Zhan in a protective move, beams at him.

"Are we ready to go, then?"

XiChen only just stops himself from cutting off the Sect Leader from another in-depth explanation of proper soil hydration, but the moment he pauses to breathe, XiChen seizes his chance.

"Oh? It's time already? What a shame! I'm afraid we have to leave now..." XiChen doesn't look at all if he means it, mostly because he's just realised that he's being taken out of the proverbial frying pan, into the fire.

What exactly is worse?

Listening to gardening tips, or going to Lanling where both his younger Brother-in-Bond and his husband have unearthed some sort of blood vendetta from the past and want to exact vengeance kind of immediately?

Suddenly, hearing about the added benefits of hibiscus over hyacinths seems really important...

Jiang Cheng has stomped his way to the ducklings and gathered all those who would be coming with them, not actually needing to speak when just a spark from Zidian will do.

They all hold hands, with Zago and Hui Gai on one end and Lan Zhan and Wei Ying on the other.

They appear in the courtyard of Koi Tower, a purposeful move given how much trauma Wei Ying has with the stairs, so Lan Zhan avoided them altogether.

XiChen removes the silencing spell from his husband, and Jiang Cheng glares even harder at Wei Ying, who hides behind Lan Zhan, giggling.

"I can't believe you ditched us because you and your husband can't keep your hands off each other!" He shouts, absolutely livid.

"Um...actually, we went away to talk," Wei Ying tries to explain.

"Then what's THAT?" Jiang Cheng points to the fresh bite mark peeking out from Wei Ying's white under robes.

"Oh, that happened afterwards." Wei Ying beams, hugging Lan Zhan from behind.

"A satisfactory conclusion to a difficult topic. Shall we?" Lan Zhan says pointedly, signalling the end of the conversation.

His tolerance of Jiang Cheng is like a faulty compass, the needle randomly pointing towards actively not liking him, to indifference, to wanting to shut him up forever. If the Jiang Sect Leader was not related to the two most important people in his life, Lan Zhan would let go of any self control and deal with him permanently.

However much he wished for this, it wasn't a viable option.

Jin Ling had sent a golden butterfly message to the Elders, asking them to arrange a meeting in their Great Hall, and now twenty senior Disciples were here to escort their guests there.

Jin Ling and SiZhui take their place at the head of the table, while their Elders look at each other in confusion, wondering why Three important Sect Leaders, the Second Jade, Hanguang-Jun and the Yiling Patriarch have descended upon them, with their demons.

Huaisang looks particularly entertained, fanning himself with a green silk fan, and watching the show. Or what is certainly going to be one.

One elder bows.