We Fucked Up

Bucky

"Mr. Barnes, to what do I owe this delightful visit," Stephen Strange rolled his eyes, I stormed through the door. Pushing my hair out of my face in a huff.

"When I came to you 5 years ago for help, you promised me you could cast a spell so the kids wouldn't remember the horrible thing that had happened to their mother. Yes or no?!"

"Yes? The spell of Runes of Kauf-Kaul." Stephen said hesitantly.

"So explain to me how I walked past Frank Fucking Castle and he didn't recognize me!"

Stephen had a confused look on his face, then his eyes bulged out in realization. He quickly walked off in the opposite direction of me as he grabbed an old book bound in brown leather.

"It's not possible, the spell was meant only for your children. If it worked for them to forget, I think it may of worked a little too well and affected anyone who was there that day as well."

You got to be fucking kidding me.

"So Frank Castle and...."

"Peter Parker," Stephen confirmed my theory. " They were with you throughout New Orleans. They forgot about not just Mya, but you, and your kids."

"How do I know who else it affected?"

"I can't say for sure."

"So what can I do about Frank and Peter?"

"Well it really depends, do you want them to remember you?"

Did I?

I owed Frank my life for what he had done for Mya and me. It wasn't fair to tamper with his memories, I had only done it to protect my kids from the dark truth of their mother and Billy fucking Russo.

I pushed my fingers through my hair, letting out a deep breath and shaking my head.

"I don't know if this would make things better or worst."

"I'm afraid if I do this, it might reverse the effects on your kids as well. So ..."

"They would remember everything, " I finished for him.

God damn it.

What was I going to do?

"Do you mind if I collect my kids and bring them here? So we can reverse the spell?"