I Remember Everything

Emily

I couldn't breathe.

My head had not stopped spinning since we left the mansion.

Frank fucking Castle.

Peter Parker.

My mom. My poor, sweet, innocent mom.

And Billy fucking Russo.

If I ever found him, I would kill him with my bare hands. The event's of that day was playing on repeat in my mind.

"So you will kill one and leave forever?" Mya's voice shook.

" Yes, I only require one life for this lesson, now you choose."

My mom looked over at me as she gave me a reassuring smile. She then mouthed the words I love you.

I squeezed my eyes as I began to cry harder.

My mom turned to look at Bucky, who had a mad look in his eyes. Shaking in his chair from the fear of what my mom might say.

"Kill me."

The sound of the bullet still ripping through me, cold shivers went down my back, as if I was reliving that moment all over again.

I tried to focus on the moving buildings and street lights as we drove down Main avenue. Joey had been really cool about not asking me any questions, she sat there quietly as she drove through the busy city.

Joey glanced over at me and gave me a sympathetic look.

"I am not going to ask if you're okay, because nothing about this is okay. But just let me know if you want me to go with you. I don't want anything to happen to you."

My heart clenched in my chest by her sympathy, but I had to keep that wall up for my own sake.

"I don't want you to go in with me, but I wouldn't mind if you waited. It won't take long."

Joey gave me a small smile, nodding her head, she turned onto the side street. Parking right across from the abandoned junk yard.

I unclicked my seatbelt as I gathered my wits, taking a deep breath before stepping out of the car.

I already knew that my emotions would get the best of me, but how could he lie to me!?

He knew my mom, he had worked with her in New Orleans, came to her in New York, he was my dad's friend for God's sake.

And I fucked him.

Oh God.

I felt myself start to dry heave, trying so hard not to throw up right there with Joey watching.

I found a broken spot on the chain link fence and slipped inside, avoiding getting stuck by the rough sharp edges.

Every step I took closer to the office felt heavier, I don't know how I was going to approach this whole scenario.

I slowly opened the secret door that led to an underground lair. Dim lights scattered all around, but no sight of him. I walked in a little further only to come across a horrifying board.