Waking The Demon

Frank

I couldn't stop shaking.

Normally, I just got the shakes like this when I woke up from a terrible dream or from a monster hangover.

But nothing like this.

I felt as if I was free falling into a black hole, and the further I went, the harder it became hard to breathe.

Clenching my fists, I began to bang them on the temples of my head, trying to stop all the noises screeching in my head.

"Stop it!"

My fist launched out and broke my mirror I had hanging on the wall into hundred's of pieces.

Once again, there was the silence.

Sighing in frustration, I bent over to pick up the larger shards of mirror from the ground, but stopped to look at my reflection.

The only thing I ever saw was a broken man.

The only time I didn't feel like this was when she was around.

Emily.

It's like any room she walked into, she would bring the color in with her.

I missed her.

Missed her witty sarcasm.

The way her nose would scrunch when she smiled.

The faces she made when I was on top of her.

Stop it.

I couldn't have that same relationship with her anymore.

Mya would have killed me.

Right after Bucky.

"Fuck me," I grumbled, I finally grabbed a broom and a dust pan and cleaned up all the broken pieces from the floor.

As I shook the dust pan in the trash bin, the hair on the back of my neck pricked up.

"You're in the wrong place asshole."

"Is that right?" Someone stepped out of the shadows, a reflection of blue and red bounced off their suit from the light.

Peter fucking Parker.

"What do you want?" I called out gruffly as I turned away from, putting my focus on a rundown coffee pot. Putting in a new filter and 3 scoops of coffee grounds.

"Oh, 'Hey Peter', 'How have you been?' 'Long Time no see."

"Cut the shit kid, what do you want?"

"Everything came back to me."

"I know, it all came back to me too."

"Have you found Billy Russo yet?"

I hadn't even realized that the mug I was holding with scolding hot coffee had shattered in my hand. The anger started bubbling inside of me, I didn't even realize my hand was bleeding. I quickly turned around and grabbed Peter by the collar of his suit and slammed him up against the wall.

"Are you trying to piss me off Parker?"

"No I am trying to pick up where we left off, asshole."

A small grin cracked over my mouth as I let him fall to the ground.

"Do you want some coffee?"

"Nah that's ok. I don't want to give you the opportunity to throw it in my face. I have a few leads I am going to follow up on, I just needed to let someone know in case things go side ways."