Awakened

Bucky

It felt as if all the air had been sucked up from the room.

I could feel my heart beating in my chest, fast enough that it could punch right out of my chest.

Taking a few shakey steps in front of the group of bewildered people, I fell to my knees in front of my once dead ex-wife.

My hands shook as I carefully placed them on her knees. Looking up at once was her beautiful green eyes, were now dark and hollow. The hair that use to vibrate firey colors is now dull and lifeless.

My eyes traveled up her hard face until they landed right on a scar that had healed over, the bullet that had gone right in between her eyes.

"Mm...Mya?"

Her eyes didn't even flinch. My heart broke, already knowing it wasn't her anymore.

"Bucky... she's not the same Mya you remember," Castle called out calmly, I felt his hand on the back of my shoulder blades. That was all the incentive I needed to blow up on him.

"Don't fucking touch me! Because of you, Billy took Emily! What was the point of having you around if you couldn't even protect her?!" My words pounded into Frank, his facial features twisted in pain as he nodded his head.

"Yeah except I was HERE FIGHTING WITH FUCKING GHOSTS!" Frank shot up onto his feet, the whole atmosphere in the room changing quickly, more violent.

Loki stepped in between Frank and I, placing his hands up to create as much distance between us.

"Stop it! While you blothering animals fight, that bastard gets away with MY daughter!" Loki yelled. Joey's face wet from the fresh set of tears, she squeezed her eyes close.

I glared at Frank, whose chest was heaving in and out in anger. Even if I wanted to beat him to a bloody pulp, Loki was right.

"I can't leave Mya," I stated in a strangled voice, I looked over at her robot exterior. She hadn't moved an inch.

"Bucky, she's not Mya anymore. We have no idea what Billy did..."

"I WON'T LEAVE HER AGAIN!"

The whole room fell silent, Joey pressing her lips together in disbelief and Frank shaking his head.

I looked over at him, my eyes pleading with him as I fought my conscience, right and wrong, tearing away at my heart.

Loki nodded his head slowly, rubbing his chin with two fingers.

"Okay, this is what we are going to do. Joey, Frank, and I will go find Emily. You Bucky, take Mya to Strange, if anyone should have a bloody idea what's going on with her, it will be him."

Peter

Grabbing my half eaten apple, I took two more generous bites from it before shooting it into the waste basket.

Right above the waste basket, I hung a collage of photos of Emily Laufeyson.

All shot with my camera and developed here in my apartment, she looked absolutely stunning.

Even if she was with Frank now, it was hard to get her off my mind.